Found the solution for the "disappearing add-on button" bug

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

Found the solution for the "disappearing add-on button" bug

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2018-10-23, 04:54

With many (or all) of the previous unofficial OSX builds I had the bug when NoScript or uBlock buttons would disappear from the GUI when I open a window (the window will remain without the button even after I open new tabs in it). Recently, I could not even select NoScript via right-click, even such option would go away.

Well, turns out the simple and effective solution would be to manually disable and then enable the add-on which disappeared on you. The buttons will come back on all windows and the program would also be accessible by right clicking.

If anyone else had this problem, well, now it's gone!
Last edited by KlarkKentThe3rd on 2018-10-23, 05:06, edited 1 time in total.

ferrat

Re: Found the solution for the "disappearing add-on button" bug

Unread post by ferrat » 2018-12-06, 19:13

Damn thanks a lot I was trying to find the solution in google the whole today!

KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Found the solution for the "disappearing add-on button" bug

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2018-12-07, 07:14

Glad I helped at least ONE person!

And the bug still shows its ugly face sometimes with NoScript. Yes, I know Palemoon is allergic to NS, but that does not mean I won't grumble about it.