28.1.0a1

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
wicknix
Fanatic
Fanatic

28.1.0a1

Unread post by wicknix » 2018-09-03, 05:42

This is an unoffical branded build of Pale Moon 28.1.0a1 (64-bit), built on 10.7 with the 10.7 SDK. Please report issues here on the forum or on GitHub. The Mac-specific problems are tracked in Issue #689 (UXP) .

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n0Ftb6 ... sp=sharing

Cheers
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...

johny

Re: 28.1.0a1

Unread post by johny » 2018-09-10, 00:04

New PM user / FF refugee here, checking out PM on the Mac for the first time. I just wanted to ask whether the "two finger swipe left/right" trackpad gestures are expected to work as back/forward like they do in other browsers? I checked the browser.gesture.swipe.{left,right} and they're set correctly, but I cannot get the swipe to work in this release. It does work in Safari & FF. I tried manually rekeying it using the Dorando Keyconfig add-on, but there is no recognition of a swipe as any form of keyboard input. I also tried the workaround of moving PM into a subfolder in /Applications/Firefox since that apparently resolved a similar issue for FF in the past, but that too had no effect. Two-finger scrolling *does* work.

The swipes are currently the only things stopping me from calling PM my new home.

wicknix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by wicknix » 2018-09-10, 23:19

It's a known issue and has been added to the to-do list on github: https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/UXP/issues/689/
Current workaround is to use command+[ and command+]

Cheers.
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...

johny

Unread post by johny » 2018-09-11, 09:26

Ah, I hadn't found that thread when I searched. Thanks for confirming it's something that's meant to work! I had a quick look at the source but I'm not a Mac developer so I can't printf my way through to the issue. :(