source code

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
tcshhead

source code

Unread post by tcshhead » 2018-05-08, 21:33

If I wanted to view Pale Moon's source code for Mac or any version where would I do that? I am learning programming and would love to look at the code.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: source code

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-05-08, 22:04

Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-08, 22:10

tcshhead wrote: I am learning programming and would love to look at the code.
I don't think looking at Pale Moon's source code is a good thing to do as a "first thing" for an aspiring programmer, at least not without some warning: Mozilla code is not only massive, but it is also a rather unorthodox mix of languages all tied together with often rather crude methods. It's an old code base that still has decades-old modules in it intermixed with code from today. Style is not uniform, and many, many hacks and certainly not-recommended coding methods and styles are contained within.
You would probably be better off looking at other, smaller and more uniform projects' source code if you want to learn more about programming.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-05-08, 22:29

Mozilla code is certainly an aquired taste. It can be very bitter.