Pale Moon File Download Save Windows - disappearing buttons

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
verdant

Pale Moon File Download Save Windows - disappearing buttons

Unread post by verdant » 2018-01-22, 21:55

In both Pale Moon 27.6.2 and New Moon 27.7.0 for OS X (by Sugis) running on OS X 10.6.8, when I download a file and choose to open it, on selecting 'Open with' by clicking on the button, the button disappears . Likewise, when selecting 'Save File'.....
Screen shot 2018-01-22 at 21.38.08.png
Screen shot 2018-01-22 at 21.37.55.png
Has anyone else observed this?

snowmoon

Re: Pale Moon File Download Save Windows - disappearing buttons

Unread post by snowmoon » 2018-01-23, 07:08

Yes. I already wrote a thread about it. After some search, the most likely explanation seems to be, that in OS X versions since 10.7 the method how OS X draws form elements in focus has changed. I guess that sugis’ build target doesn’t include 10.6, it works just by accident, which is fine. No functionality is compromised. It's just a visual glitch. A solution could be, that some of the folks with 10.6 build their own kind of legacy version of PM...

BTW, you will find missing buttons, checkboxes etc. also on webpages with standard form elements.
Last edited by snowmoon on 2018-01-23, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.

wicknix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Pale Moon File Download Save Windows - disappearing buttons

Unread post by wicknix » 2018-04-11, 03:29

I believe i just solved that issue. I'm going to run a few more tests first, then i'll create a new thread with a "test" release of 27.8.3 for snow leopard users to try and report back if it solves the random UI glitches for them as well.

Cheers.
Screen shot 2018-04-10 at 8.13.14 AM.png
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...