Help with title bar & scroll bars ?

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Help with title bar & scroll bars ?

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-12-23, 23:20

Hello. I am watching a friend's apartment over the holidays, and I'm using an iMac, and I have set up Pale Moon here. Trouble is, there is no title bar. I am not sure if this is controlled by PM or by Mac OS b/c I have not used a Mac in a long time. So, sorry if this is a stoopid question, but I could use some help here getting a title bar. (For example, I need the buttons for minimize, maximize, etc.)

Also, how do you get scrollbars? There are no scrollbars in the window.

Thanks!
And Happy Holidays!!!!
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Help with title bar & scroll bars ?

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2017-12-24, 07:27

Hello,

I'm on sugis' PM 27.6.2 build on a MacBook Pro, and the minimize, maximize, et al. buttons are present as usual: Image The scroll bar is also there on pages of sufficient length. Could it be a theme you're using? Complete themes can style scroll bars. Also, if you're using a lightweight theme/persona, there's a good chance that this bug is the reason for the absence of the title bar and caption buttons.

' Happy holidays!

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-12-25, 03:06

SpockMan02 wrote:Hello,

I'm on sugis' PM 27.6.2 build on a MacBook Pro, and the minimize, maximize, et al. buttons are present as usual: Image The scroll bar is also there on pages of sufficient length. Could it be a theme you're using? Complete themes can style scroll bars. Also, if you're using a lightweight theme/persona, there's a good chance that this bug is the reason for the absence of the title bar and caption buttons.

' Happy holidays!
The problem with scrollbars is that Mac OS apparently decided to make things difficult for users, especially users with dexterity issues. :( See http://heresthethingblog.com/2015/03/10 ... roll-bars/
But then some of the themes don't mesh well Mac OS scrollbars either.

And as for the disappearing title bar, it is definitely the bug of which you write. So, I guess there is nothing to do but hope that the developers of the unofficial Mac build can figure out a way to resolve it.

Cheers and eggnog!
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2017-12-26, 00:56

Ah, yeah, the scroll bar is only there when you scroll.

And I do hope that bug gets fixed—It's the main reason why I'm not using a lightweight theme.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-12-27, 17:11

With MacOS, you can make the scrollbars appear always if the page is longer than the screen. Go into System Preferences > General > Show scroll bars and change the setting to "Always".
They did away with scroll buttons though.
Last edited by Goodydino on 2017-12-27, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-12-27, 23:47

Through trial-and-error I have discovered that the MacMoon theme forces scrollbars no matter what the System Settings are set to. And the scrollbar is wider than the default scrollbar. So this is a big plus for this theme, and now that is the theme I'll be using on the Mac.

It also restores the minimize/maximize/close buttons when using a persona, although it puts them on the right side rather than the left.

I also notice that this theme in Mac OS X doesn't have the super slowdown I experienced in Linux, especially when using the Add-ons Manager.