WebGL 2 unavailable - why? Topic is solved

Support and discussions for the Apple Mac OSX builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
Important note:
The Mac OSX version of Pale Moon is still very much in development. Your assistance in bringing this build to fruition is greatly appreciated, but you can expect there to be bugs and problems for a while yet!

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.

Please also note that these builds are currently created by Sugis and Moonchild will likely not be able to provide insight or assistance due to lack of Mac hardware and OS/build knowledge for Mac.
Goodydino
Lunatic
Lunatic

WebGL 2 unavailable - why?

Unread postby Goodydino » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 19:31

According to a page called WebGL Report, Mac Pale Moon 27.6.2 can support WebGL 2, but it is disabled or unavailable. Is there any way to change a setting to enable it? SeaMonkey and Opera both support it, so it is not a limitation of my computer.

Isengrim
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: WebGL 2 unavailable - why?

Unread postby Isengrim » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 19:52

I think the first part of this post may answer your question: viewtopic.php?t=16386#p119431
Moonchild wrote:WebGL 2 implementation is incomplete in our platform at the moment, and disabled as a result. You can experiment with it by flipping on webgl.enable-prototype-webgl2
Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon (64-bit)
Windows 7 (64-bit) (Sometimes)
Windows 10 (64-bit) (Sometimes)

Goodydino
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: WebGL 2 unavailable - why?

Unread postby Goodydino » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 18:33

I already tried setting webgl.enable-prototype-webgl2 to true, as well as setting webgl.enable-webgl2 to true. Neither one helps.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: WebGL 2 unavailable - why?  Topic is solved

Unread postby Moonchild » Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 19:54

I'm not sure what it is supposed to "help" with, but please refer back to the statement that WebGL 2 is incomplete in Pale Moon at the moment. Some simple things may work, but don't expect a full-blown WebGL2 application, demo or game to work.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Return to “Pale Moon for Mac OSX”