WebGL 2 unavailable - why? Topic is solved

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

WebGL 2 unavailable - why?

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-12-20, 19:31

According to a page called WebGL Report, Mac Pale Moon 27.6.2 can support WebGL 2, but it is disabled or unavailable. Is there any way to change a setting to enable it? SeaMonkey and Opera both support it, so it is not a limitation of my computer.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: WebGL 2 unavailable - why?

Unread post by Isengrim » 2017-12-20, 19:52

I think the first part of this post may answer your question: viewtopic.php?t=16386#p119431
Moonchild wrote:WebGL 2 implementation is incomplete in our platform at the moment, and disabled as a result. You can experiment with it by flipping on webgl.enable-prototype-webgl2
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-12-21, 18:33

I already tried setting webgl.enable-prototype-webgl2 to true, as well as setting webgl.enable-webgl2 to true. Neither one helps.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-12-21, 19:54

I'm not sure what it is supposed to "help" with, but please refer back to the statement that WebGL 2 is incomplete in Pale Moon at the moment. Some simple things may work, but don't expect a full-blown WebGL2 application, demo or game to work.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite