Customize menu items

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
mike18xx

Customize menu items

Unread post by mike18xx » 2017-12-15, 13:40

First things first: Thanks for 27.6.2; it's much more stable than 27.6.1 (which crashed constantly).

______
Customize:

...I am running Tab Mix Plus with multi-row tabs, and a theme called Tango-Chocolate that is frankly the only decent one out there for this sort of thing, One nifty feature of Tango-Chocolate is that it eliminates the bar containing the minimize, maximize, and window close buttons (and nothing else, meaning it's a complete waste of vertical space and therefore good-riddance). Annoyance: I frequently need to minimize, and would like a means of doing so that doesn't involve using Command-M from the keyboard. Maximize is completely unavailable.

So: Is there a way for get the Minimize and Maximize commands as icons available in the Customize list? (Regrettably, the really cool Tab Menu Buttons add-on doesn't work with the latest Pale Moons.) Also, a "100%" button for default page view size would be handy (Palemoon only seems to have the [-] [+] sizing buttons -- which quite frankly ought to be default ON the URL/search bar rather than hidden away on the Customize list).

Additionally, is there a way to manually govern the length of the URL location field as opposed to the search field location? (As you can see, I like putting important buttons between the two, as then they are then conveniently nearer the middle of the screen on a larger monitor.)

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Customize menu items

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2017-12-15, 18:59

mike18xx wrote: ...I am running ... a theme called Tango-Chocolate that is frankly the only decent one out there for this sort of thing, One nifty feature of Tango-Chocolate is that it eliminates the bar containing the minimize, maximize, and window close buttons (and nothing else, meaning it's a complete waste of vertical space and therefore good-riddance).
Tango-Chocolate removing the title bar and close, minimize, and maximize buttons may be due to this bug.
mike18xx wrote:So: Is there a way for get the Minimize and Maximize commands as icons available in the Customize list?
I am not sure if it's possible to move the buttons.
mike18xx wrote:(Regrettably, the really cool Tab Menu Buttons add-on doesn't work with the latest Pale Moons.)
The Tab buttons add-on installs and works fine for me, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean.
mike18xx wrote:Also, a "100%" button for default page view size would be handy (Palemoon only seems to have the [-] [+] sizing buttons -- which quite frankly ought to be default ON the URL/search bar rather than hidden away on the Customize list).
As for resetting page zoom to 100%, try View > Zoom > Reset or Cmd+0.
mike18xx wrote:Additionally, is there a way to manually govern the length of the URL location field as opposed to the search field location?
Do you mean that you can't adjust the URL field's size when you have buttons in the navigation bar between it and the search field? If that's the case, I unfortunately don't know what to do about it.

I hope that at least some of this is helpful to you.

mike18xx

Re: Customize menu items

Unread post by mike18xx » 2017-12-15, 19:31

SpockMan02 wrote:Tango-Chocolate removing the title bar and close, minimize, and maximize buttons may be due to this bug.
Well, now, that makes me very unhappy because it sounds like a "feature" that might get "fixed" at some point. I *really* love the extra quarter-inch of vertical real-estate, and would not willing trade it for a useless bar holding only three buttons.
So: Is there a way for get the Minimize and Maximize commands as icons available in the Customize list?
I am not sure if it's possible to move the buttons.
I don't need them moved, per se. Duplicates would do just fine, or anything that lets you mimic a pound-sign key-command with a button.
mike18xx wrote:Additionally, is there a way to manually govern the length of the URL location field as opposed to the search field location?
Do you mean that you can't adjust the URL field's size when you have buttons in the navigation bar between it and the search field?
Temporarily moving those buttons out of the way re-enabled that functionality, so I'm set there now. (Thanks.)