PM 27.5.1 favicon problem Topic is solved

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

PM 27.5.1 favicon problem

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-10-14, 19:18

I am unable to stop Pale Moon from adding favicons to bookmarks if I bookmark them in the normal manner, despite changing the settings in about:config to block favicons and site icons. Is there no way to do that? I have no favicons or site icons in SeaMonkey, but if I drag a bookmark from SeaMonkey's bookmarks manager into Pale Moon's bookmarks manager, it acquires a favicon. How does that happen, if Pale Moon is not even visiting that site?

The only way I can add a bookmark with no favicons is to do it entirely manually, by adding a new bookmark and typing or pasting the information in.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: PM 27.5.1 favicon problem

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-10-25, 23:14

I think I solved the problem. In about:config, I set "browser.chrome.image_icons.max_size" to 0, and have not had a single favicon creep into my bookmarks again. I wonder why that was necessary, considering that with Firefox and SeaMonkey all that is needed is to block site icons and favicons.