Mac 27.3.0 build

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
HarmonicResonance
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Mac 27.3.0 build

Unread post by HarmonicResonance » 2017-09-13, 01:00

sugis wrote:Ah, that thread mostly relates to the older 26.x.x series. There were numerous build difficulties during that time frame -- have you tried with the new 27 tree though? It took a lot less work to get it building on Mac than 26 did historically.
I spent some time doing this today, and I can't get it to build.

I downloaded the tycho branch, exported the MOZCONFIG environment variable, and set the correct location for the 10.7 SDK in mozconfig.tycho. That allowed the build to limp along until it died on a test routine. So in the configure file, I edited out the edit for test for -enable-application directory, and instead forced browser option starting at line 11046. The build limped along further, until it died at dom/media/mediasource/TrackBuffersManager.cpp:1677:22.

Code: Select all

nsTArray<TrackBuffersManager::TrackData*>
TrackBuffersManager::GetTracksList()
{
  MOZ_ASSERT(OnTaskQueue());
  nsTArray<TrackData*> tracks;
  if (HasVideo()) {
    tracks.AppendElement(&mVideoTracks);
  }
  if (HasAudio()) {
    tracks.AppendElement(&mAudioTracks);
  }
  return tracks;
}
I finally figured out what is happening here -- the function of class TrackBuffersManager is GetTracksList and it is returning an array of tracks of type NsTArray. However as written, this initialization doesn't jive with anything defined for nsTArray in nsTArray.h as far as I could tell. That header file exceeds my C++ decoding ability by miles.

Anyhow, I'd like to be another maintainer, but I'm stuck.

OS 10.9 -- fully updated macports (except autoconf which is at 2.13) -- XCode command-line tools installed.
Nothing to say here.

retroburrower

Re: Mac 27.3.0 build

Unread post by retroburrower » 2018-06-13, 00:40

SeaMonkey having been installed as the default brower may have cause the problem of "not responding" as well as the overheating. Now that it's no longer the default, and has Javascript turned off, both problems disappear. I just downloaded New Moon 27.9.3 and am using it to write this reply after booting the image on a Slow Leopard ramdisk. Using Gecko compatibility mode, it displays the Paypal test page for PCI DSS http://sandbox.paypal.com/
(but so does 27.3.0).
Last edited by retroburrower on 2018-06-13, 00:48, edited 2 times in total.