I made a better theme

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
dingdongdutch

I made a better theme

Unread post by dingdongdutch » 2017-04-14, 20:59

Sorry for English, not my first language :?
I ported Firefox old theme from 27 into Pale Moon. Some things don't exactly work well since I'm new to this all, but it works pretty well for me at least. And it blends in a lot better with the Mac than the unofficial builds. (no offense to sugis, your builds are much appreciated :D )
Anyway, I attached a sample XPI of the theme. It's not perfect, but like I said it's usable and looks better. Feel free to let me know how the theme works
Attachments
mac.xpi
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 95 times

HarmonicResonance
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: I made a better theme

Unread post by HarmonicResonance » 2017-04-15, 12:37

Hey, looks good! I agree that it blends in better. However, I'm getting double text in the address bar. :(
Nothing to say here.

dingdongdutch

Unread post by dingdongdutch » 2017-04-15, 13:38

Ah, I forgot to mention about this. There is a userstyle that fixes this here: https://userstyles.org/styles/135791/pa ... us-bar-fix

Apparently it is a known issue with FF themes under Pale Moon 27.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-04-15, 17:16

You obviously pulled this from somewhere else.. Cause it doesn't include all the relevant bits to be Pale Moon complaint. What was the original theme?

dingdongdutch

Unread post by dingdongdutch » 2017-04-15, 21:18

Matt A Tobin wrote:You obviously pulled this from somewhere else.. Cause it doesn't include all the relevant bits to be Pale Moon complaint. What was the original theme?
Straight from Firefox 27's omni.ja. I don't know much about themes so I'm not too sure how to fix the Pale Moon bits (downloads panel, custom menu things, etc.)

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-04-15, 21:25

HarmonicResonance wrote:...I'm getting double text in the address bar.
dingdongdutch wrote: There is a userstyle that fixes this here: https://userstyles.org/styles/135791/pa ... us-bar-fix
FYI...
Lootyhoof's Theme Compatibility Provider will also fix the double-text problem and possibly some other issues that may arise as you use a particular theme (e.g. it fixed the browser console that Red Cats broke).

JustOff's Moon Tester Tool also fixes the double-text issue.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-04-15, 22:00

dingdongdutch wrote:
Matt A Tobin wrote:You obviously pulled this from somewhere else.. Cause it doesn't include all the relevant bits to be Pale Moon complaint. What was the original theme?
Straight from Firefox 27's omni.ja. I don't know much about themes so I'm not too sure how to fix the Pale Moon bits (downloads panel, custom menu things, etc.)
The information on what has changed in Pale Moon can be found here:

http://developer.palemoon.org/Pale_Moon_Theme_Changes

Additionally, it may be worth looking at XMoon for something quite similar to this, as this does have the required changes. It should be possible to pull across most changes.