I made a better theme

Support and discussions for the Apple Mac OSX builds of Pale Moon

Moderators: Indalecio, satrow

Forum rules
Important note:
The Mac OSX version of Pale Moon is still very much in development. Your assistance in bringing this build to fruition is greatly appreciated, but you can expect there to be bugs and problems for a while yet!

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.

Please also note that these builds are currently created by Sugis and Moonchild will likely not be able to provide insight or assistance due to lack of Mac hardware and OS/build knowledge for Mac.
dingdongdutch

I made a better theme

Postby dingdongdutch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Sorry for English, not my first language :?
I ported Firefox old theme from 27 into Pale Moon. Some things don't exactly work well since I'm new to this all, but it works pretty well for me at least. And it blends in a lot better with the Mac than the unofficial builds. (no offense to sugis, your builds are much appreciated :D )
Anyway, I attached a sample XPI of the theme. It's not perfect, but like I said it's usable and looks better. Feel free to let me know how the theme works
Attachments
mac.xpi
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 65 times

HarmonicResonance
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: I made a better theme

Postby HarmonicResonance » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Hey, looks good! I agree that it blends in better. However, I'm getting double text in the address bar. :(
Lonely Planets - serial fiction on the Radish app! http://www.radishfiction.com/

dingdongdutch

Postby dingdongdutch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Ah, I forgot to mention about this. There is a userstyle that fixes this here: https://userstyles.org/styles/135791/pa ... us-bar-fix

Apparently it is a known issue with FF themes under Pale Moon 27.

New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Postby New Tobin Paradigm » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:16 pm

You obviously pulled this from somewhere else.. Cause it doesn't include all the relevant bits to be Pale Moon complaint. What was the original theme?
[ T O B I N W A V E ]

dingdongdutch

Postby dingdongdutch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Matt A Tobin wrote:You obviously pulled this from somewhere else.. Cause it doesn't include all the relevant bits to be Pale Moon complaint. What was the original theme?

Straight from Firefox 27's omni.ja. I don't know much about themes so I'm not too sure how to fix the Pale Moon bits (downloads panel, custom menu things, etc.)

gracious1
Lunatic
Lunatic

Postby gracious1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:25 pm

HarmonicResonance wrote:...I'm getting double text in the address bar.

dingdongdutch wrote: There is a userstyle that fixes this here: https://userstyles.org/styles/135791/pa ... us-bar-fix

FYI...
Lootyhoof's Theme Compatibility Provider will also fix the double-text problem and possibly some other issues that may arise as you use a particular theme (e.g. it fixed the browser console that Red Cats broke).

JustOff's Moon Tester Tool also fixes the double-text issue.
ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside. — Alexander Pope

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Postby Lootyhoof » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:00 pm

dingdongdutch wrote:
Matt A Tobin wrote:You obviously pulled this from somewhere else.. Cause it doesn't include all the relevant bits to be Pale Moon complaint. What was the original theme?

Straight from Firefox 27's omni.ja. I don't know much about themes so I'm not too sure how to fix the Pale Moon bits (downloads panel, custom menu things, etc.)

The information on what has changed in Pale Moon can be found here:

http://developer.palemoon.org/Pale_Moon_Theme_Changes

Additionally, it may be worth looking at XMoon for something quite similar to this, as this does have the required changes. It should be possible to pull across most changes.

Return to “Pale Moon for Mac OSX”