@sugis: Any way to display PDFs?

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
Sun-Glasses

@sugis: Any way to display PDFs?

Unread post by Sun-Glasses » 2016-12-01, 13:33

Hello to sugis and everyone else using a Mac here. ;-)

Now, since Pale Moon 27 came out I wasn't able to display PDFs in-browser due to the PDF.js component being removed. Downloading every PDF to the hard drive is not a good workflow to be honest. Can anyone confirm that the Adobe Acrobat plugin works? I am a Skim user actually, but Skim doesn't provide a plugin. Other than that I have no idea what could work in this case... Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

sugis
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: @sugis: Any way to display PDFs?

Unread post by sugis » 2016-12-01, 18:53

I haven't looked into this much. You might get more exposure on the general forums -- this is not a Mac specific problem. Probably the "right" solution is that eventually a PDF reader will be packaged as an extension.

maxkalashnikov

Unread post by maxkalashnikov » 2017-02-06, 20:51

I recall there was a proprietary/closed-source plugin (specific to Macs) for earlier versions of Firefox. It might also be possible to use an older version of the official Adobe plugin. I'll try to see if I can find them in my old software archives.

These days, pdf.js is so unreliable, I end up opening most PDFs in in Preview anyway (which means it gets written to the filesystem). I suspect that write happens anyway, unless you have all disk caching turned off.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-02-07, 06:07

I'm not a Mac user, so I'm sure if this is what you're looking for: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/moon-pdf-viewer/.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Sun-Glasses

Unread post by Sun-Glasses » 2017-02-07, 07:55

I'm not a Mac user, so I'm sure if this is what you're looking for: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/moon-pdf-viewer/.
That fixed it for me. Thanks LimboSlam.