@sugis: Any way to display PDFs?

Support and discussions for the Apple Mac OSX builds of Pale Moon

Moderators: Indalecio, satrow

Forum rules
Important note:
The Mac OSX version of Pale Moon is still very much in development. Your assistance in bringing this build to fruition is greatly appreciated, but you can expect there to be bugs and problems for a while yet!

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.

Please also note that these builds are currently created by Sugis and Moonchild will likely not be able to provide insight or assistance due to lack of Mac hardware and OS/build knowledge for Mac.
Sun-Glasses
Banned user
Banned user

@sugis: Any way to display PDFs?

Postby Sun-Glasses » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Hello to sugis and everyone else using a Mac here. ;-)

Now, since Pale Moon 27 came out I wasn't able to display PDFs in-browser due to the PDF.js component being removed. Downloading every PDF to the hard drive is not a good workflow to be honest. Can anyone confirm that the Adobe Acrobat plugin works? I am a Skim user actually, but Skim doesn't provide a plugin. Other than that I have no idea what could work in this case... Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

sugis
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: @sugis: Any way to display PDFs?

Postby sugis » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:53 pm

I haven't looked into this much. You might get more exposure on the general forums -- this is not a Mac specific problem. Probably the "right" solution is that eventually a PDF reader will be packaged as an extension.

maxkalashnikov
New to the forum
New to the forum

Postby maxkalashnikov » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:51 pm

I recall there was a proprietary/closed-source plugin (specific to Macs) for earlier versions of Firefox. It might also be possible to use an older version of the official Adobe plugin. I'll try to see if I can find them in my old software archives.

These days, pdf.js is so unreliable, I end up opening most PDFs in in Preview anyway (which means it gets written to the filesystem). I suspect that write happens anyway, unless you have all disk caching turned off.

LimboSlam
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby LimboSlam » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:07 am

I'm not a Mac user, so I'm sure if this is what you're looking for: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/moon-pdf-viewer/.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Sun-Glasses
Banned user
Banned user

Postby Sun-Glasses » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:55 am

I'm not a Mac user, so I'm sure if this is what you're looking for: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/moon-pdf-viewer/.

That fixed it for me. Thanks LimboSlam.

Return to “Pale Moon for Mac OSX”