Pale Moon 27.0.1

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
sugis
Moon lover
Moon lover

Pale Moon 27.0.1

Unread post by sugis » 2016-11-28, 23:05

First bugfix release, hot off the presses:

http://mac.palemoon.org/dist/palemoon-27.0.1.mac64.dmg

PLEASE keep discussion on this thread to Mac-specific problems! If you have troubles with extensions or themes and it's not Mac specific, *please* use the general forums! Thanks :)

dubGUN

Re: Pale Moon 27.0.1

Unread post by dubGUN » 2016-11-29, 23:53

still no prefs menu showing up or anything else that should be there. instead, just "quit"

dfawcus

Unread post by dfawcus » 2016-11-30, 00:38

dubGUN wrote:still no prefs menu showing up or anything else that should be there. instead, just "quit"
I've seen that with the stock version of Firefox for the Mac. It only seems to happen the first time a new version is executed.
Simply quiting and restarting then presents the normal application menu.

I experienced the same when first running PM 27.0.0, I've not yet tried 27.0.1.

sugis
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by sugis » 2016-11-30, 01:00

Yeah, I still have no idea what's up with that bug :( If you restart PM a few times it comes and goes, at least for me. If anyone can figure out a pattern...

dubGUN

Unread post by dubGUN » 2016-11-30, 02:14

how about just placing the prefs menu somewhere else?
some firefox versions used to have it under edit or tools. the rest on that pane doesn't matter but the missing prefs make it pretty much useless because the usual hotkey (apple + ,) doesn't work either

FineWine

Unread post by FineWine » 2016-11-30, 04:31

Yep - apart from "Quit" all the contents of the Palemoon menu is missing. Reverted to previous version.

dfawcus

Unread post by dfawcus » 2016-11-30, 08:31

sugis wrote:Yeah, I still have no idea what's up with that bug :(
I've not looked at the code / resources, but the fact that it acts that way suggests maybe that the menu is being dynamically built, rather than simply coming from a NIB. So maybe generate a NIB?
sugis wrote:If you restart PM a few times it comes and goes, at least for me. If anyone can figure out a pattern...
OK, not seen that yet. The only pattern I've seen is the one I mentioned.
It might be worth checking out whatever bug tracker Firefox has to see if anyone has raised it there.

snowmoon

Unread post by snowmoon » 2016-11-30, 09:57

Until now I didn’t encounter the missing menu options, thats because I launched PM (the tycho betas and 27.0.0) with scratch profile, like so:

Code: Select all

/Applications/PaleMoon.app/Contents/MacOS/palemoon -no-remote -foreground -profile /tmp/scratch_user
Now with PM 27.0.1 and a fresh regular profile the menu’s content is gone. But after second launch and following launches menu is there and everything seems normal.

dfawcus

Unread post by dfawcus » 2016-11-30, 11:19

Does a new profile directory get created whenever a new version is executed?

If so could it simply be something related to that?

dubGUN

Unread post by dubGUN » 2016-11-30, 20:56

snowmoon wrote:Now with PM 27.0.1 and a fresh regular profile the menu’s content is gone. But after second launch and following launches menu is there and everything seems normal.
indeed, seems it depends on something that itself has to create first :P
dfawcus wrote:Does a new profile directory get created whenever a new version is executed?
of course not. otherwise you'd have to merge all settings for every new version

Milobinder

Unread post by Milobinder » 2016-12-01, 13:57

Working well on MacBook Pro Mid-2010 10.9.5. Seems noticeably faster than 26.5.0. Thanks again, sugis :-)
Had the "only Quit under PaleMoon menu" bug, but restarted and it has not reappeared. Better and better!

HarmonicResonance
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by HarmonicResonance » 2016-12-03, 13:59

Looking good on Mac OS X 10.9.5. Saw the Quit only bug, restarted the browser, and now all is well. I'm bugged by the lack of a built-in PDF viewer too, but I realize that's not a Mac-only problem. Thanks for putting this together, Sugis!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Nothing to say here.