Pale Moon 27.0.0!

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
sugis
Moon lover
Moon lover

Pale Moon 27.0.0!

Unread post by sugis » 2016-11-22, 22:37

asimperson
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Pale Moon 27.0.0!

Unread post by asimperson » 2016-11-23, 06:58

Whoops, nevermind. Didn't notice that this is now PaleMoon branded. Nice!

asimperson
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by asimperson » 2016-11-23, 07:12

However, I can't access the PaleMoon->Preferences menu, it just shows "Quit".

snowmoon

Unread post by snowmoon » 2016-11-23, 13:24

Looks good, works fine after a quick spin. I can reach preferences via menu. Checkmarks and rulers are properly shown i.e. in bookmark’s drop-down menu (like in the betas before). Disclaimer: I’m running Snow Leopard.

@asimperson: maybe it would be helpful for the devs to know which OS version you have.

Thank you sugis, great work!!

Clasof56
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Clasof56 » 2016-11-23, 13:39

Tried 27 this morning. did a backup first, of course. also did the extension checker first. took out Ghostery but thats ok. I use a walnut theme and it also said ok. brought 27 up and walnut is broken. it does not have the url area there anymore so makes 27 useless with that theme. also it changes some fonts i had set for these tired eyes. i checked to see if there was a newer walnut but nothing. so the other themes i had are just not for me so i reverted back to 26.5 and all is good in mudville once again. maybe will try in a month. Clas

Clasof56
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Clasof56 » 2016-11-23, 13:42

ah, forgot....win7

dubGUN

Unread post by dubGUN » 2016-11-23, 22:43

asimperson wrote:However, I can't access the PaleMoon->Preferences menu, it just shows "Quit".
same for me on 10.6.8. the v27 betas had the same "effect" as well

sugis
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by sugis » 2016-11-23, 22:47

I think it's in the release notes that themes and language packs and the like are going to take a while to update. Also, this is a Mac specific forum you are posting in.

I am testing with a good set of addons (PM Commander, LastPass, NoScript, Disconnect, Encrypted Web, uBlock Origin, Bamboo RSS), but no custom languages or themes.

I have seen the Application menu show both as only Quit, and correctly with e.g. Hide PM, Preferences. I'm not sure exactly what caused it to appear or not.

I found the Status Bar UI element was consistently broken until you use "Configure..." to delete and re-add it.

I had to set up Sync again. Unclear if it broke on the final upgrade or one of the many betas before.

asimperson
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by asimperson » 2016-11-24, 09:24

Ah. I'm running Sierra. I'm also using the LittleMoon theme. Only extensions that I've noticed breaking so far is Forecastfox, but overall the whole thing just works better, especially with regards to media support. I was able to work around what I needed to fix via the Preferences through about:config. I'd say this is best release far. Thanks! :thumbup:

realmdee
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by realmdee » 2016-11-24, 18:47

First off I would like to say thanks for Pale Moon 27, I have been using it ever since it came out with only two noticed small problems. The first is the address in the location bare appears to have a second copy of the address overlaid on it slightly to the right, which makes it unreadable until you highlight it which then reveals the address without the overlaid copy making it readable again. I should add I have noticed this both when using the default and Foxdie themes but not with the Pale Moon theme XMoon. The second problem is that there appears to be a vary small invisible space to the right and left of the browser that if you get your courser on it you can accidentally move or resize the browser. This is seems to be more of a problem on the right side where the scrollbar is located. I am running OS X 10.9.5.

dubGUN

Unread post by dubGUN » 2016-11-25, 23:27

sugis wrote:I have seen the Application menu show both as only Quit, and correctly with e.g. Hide PM, Preferences. I'm not sure exactly what caused it to appear or not.
for me it never showed up. neither with the betas nor the release version now. a fresh profile made no difference either.

silvercloud

Unread post by silvercloud » 2016-11-26, 03:43

asimperson wrote:However, I can't access the PaleMoon->Preferences menu, it just shows "Quit".
Same here.