Pale Moon 27.0.0b2

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
sugis

Pale Moon 27.0.0b2

Unread post by sugis » 2016-10-19, 03:06

Usual disclaimer: beta software! Works pretty well though.

http://mac.palemoon.org/dist/palemoon-2 ... .mac64.dmg

PRIZZA

Re: Pale Moon 27.0.0b2

Unread post by PRIZZA » 2016-10-19, 14:29

Thanks for the consistent updates!

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-10-20, 11:06

Thank you sugis.

HarmonicResonance

Unread post by HarmonicResonance » 2016-10-24, 05:19

Working well so far, but one thing I noticed is that the PaleMoon menu is missing "About PaleMoon", thus no version number, no thanks list, etc. Any reason why this is missing?

Mad kudos for the releases!

sugis

Unread post by sugis » 2016-10-24, 17:53

Interesting! The "About Pale Moon" menu item works well for me. Maybe try with a clean profile?

PRIZZA

Unread post by PRIZZA » 2016-10-28, 20:33

Not sure if this is wanted, needed or even known but when trying to load a specific video on Twitter the browser crashes. It was consistent with each test. I've grabbed the crash log and uploaded it to pastebin if you care to look:
http://pastebin.com/raw/xDeZfGym

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-10-28, 20:38

It is likely gstreamer related. This is similar to linux issues.

HarmonicResonance

Unread post by HarmonicResonance » 2016-10-29, 14:10

sugis wrote:Interesting! The "About Pale Moon" menu item works well for me. Maybe try with a clean profile?
Weird. I see it now too. Well, nonrepro it is. :)

I'm seeing some other things, but assuming they will work when it's out of beta:
* Pale Moon Commander's built-in PDF viewer is broken
* Adblock doesn't show on the toolbar no matter what you set for your preferences
* PM checks every time to see if it is the default browser unless you turn off that check (default browser setting not remembered)

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2016-10-29, 14:43

HarmonicResonance wrote:* Pale Moon Commander's built-in PDF viewer is broken
That's a known issue in beta 2, and the built-in PDF viewer has been removed as of beta 3. Further info is in the beta release notes:

http://www.palemoon.org/unstable/releasenotes.shtml
HarmonicResonance wrote:* Adblock doesn't show on the toolbar no matter what you set for your preferences
Make sure you are using Adblock Latitude and also make sure you are using the 3.5.* public beta version, not the current release (3.0.3.1) version.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.