Minimum OSX version?

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
xcession

Minimum OSX version?

Unread post by xcession » 2016-10-01, 17:19

Hello,
I just found out about this OSX port, works great so far. :thumbup:
Been using Palemoon on my linux laptop for quite sometime though.
I wonder if anyone know what is the minimum OSX version to run this port?
Thanks. ;)

sugis
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Minimum OSX version?

Unread post by sugis » 2016-10-01, 18:34

I build using Mac 10.8 for now, so it's extremely unlikely to work on too many releases before that.

xcession

Unread post by xcession » 2016-10-02, 19:07

I also using 10.8. please keep support for this old OSX.
This is the only reason I move away from Firefox or chrome which is slow. (older version is faster but not support by many websites)
cheer!

sruli

Unread post by sruli » 2017-04-02, 23:10

I'll request that support be continued for OS X 10.7.5. If possible, even Snow Leopard support would be much appreciated.

I'll attest that the current version works nicely in OS X 10.7.5, and is very useful, as the number of current browsers for this OS is dwindling.

rampancy
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by rampancy » 2017-04-09, 18:15

I can personally say that the latest version of Pale Moon for OS X works on 10.6.8. However, it is 64-bit only (so no Core Duo Macs, unfortunately).