Restore Previous Session

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
tunescool

Restore Previous Session

Unread post by tunescool » 2016-08-26, 11:56

restore previous session never works rite and i get sites from days ago i was using

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Restore Previous Session

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2016-08-26, 12:15

I am happily using addon Session Manager 0.8.1.7
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-08-26, 15:21

Of course I'm not using a MAC machine, but the "Restore Previous Session" function has always worked for me every time when ever I've used it. Just to check for the current Pale Moon version I tried it again just now and as expected Pale Moon returned to the previous session. So I don't seem to have the same problem using Pale Moon 26.4.0 on Windows 7 (and never did on previous PM versions either).

This should be easy to find the problem tunescool, that is since you have posted that it "never works", so this would be very easy to test as you've said the issue is consistent.

Have you tested "Restore Previous Session" using a new clean profile?

If it works every time in a new profile (which I suspect it will) then the issue you are having is either due to an add-on interfering or a preference setting which you should be able to track down and fix. ;) Once you've found the cause you can of course then return back to your previous profile and make the necessary adjustments. Of course if you still have the problem then perhaps it is MAC related after all.

Or if you prefer instead of testing in a new profile simply "Restart with add-ons disabled..." (under "Help"), which would determine if the problem is extension related (but of course this will not test for a pref setting issue that the new profile would).

Post back your findings.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2016-08-26, 15:56

i started in safe mode and it worked. i could easily start disabling my addons, but i have alot of tabs open and doing alot of things

could someone recognize an add on that may be a problem
Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 10.53.17 AM.png

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2016-08-26, 16:28

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by "restore previous session" then ...

... if it is some button or menu it is something I do not have or never used
edit (ah now I see it in the History menu, in my case it is disabled, I suppose because I have the Session Manager addon installed)
... if you mean the popup which appears after a crash and restart I usually dismiss it and use the method below

... in your addon list I see you already have Session Manager 0.8.1.7 which I recommended and use (if you are trying to do something else perhaps it conflicts)

The way I use Session Manager is to call its menu clicking on the down arrow on the right of its name (NOT on the words Session Manager), then on the right arrow near the words "Backup Sessions" and then choosing the session I want (usually it is "previous browsing session"). Exceptionally I store to the menu a named session (e.g. for a presentation).
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2016-08-26, 16:52

id rather just use the built in feature than an addon