Removing the OSX app menu bar?

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
superdx

Removing the OSX app menu bar?

Unread post by superdx » 2016-08-04, 17:57

There are literally two bars with the 3 red/yellow/green buttons. Is it possible to get rid of the bar at the top?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Removing the OSX app menu bar?

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-08-04, 20:13

The XMoon theme is (admittedly, slightly ironically) not currently supported on OS X for this very reason.

True OS X support for most themes will come in time.

superdx

Unread post by superdx » 2016-08-05, 01:49

Ok I see, back to the default theme, the app menu bar is there, not really smoothly flowing with the app.

It's a minor aesthetic thing, my understanding is that it's just some toggles in XCode that can make this look more integrated?

superdx

Unread post by superdx » 2016-08-05, 02:01

Which themes do have official OSX support?

realmdee

Unread post by realmdee » 2016-08-31, 15:10

I have had success with the Foxdie theme version 15 (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxdie/). But in order for me to be able to install it I first had to disable the add-on compatibility checking. I only fund one glitch, and that is the download dialog will not work with Foxdie, but by downloading Download Manager Tweak (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search), you can get the download functionality back. To instal Download Manager Tweak you also have to have first disable the add-on compatibility checking. But at lest for me this all works with no problems and bonus you get the OS X look wile using Pale Moon. Hope this helps.

orgixmh

Unread post by orgixmh » 2016-09-04, 21:14

Thanks realmdee, foxdie works :)