PaleMoon 26.3.2 Unofficial

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
sugis

PaleMoon 26.3.2 Unofficial

Unread post by sugis » 2016-06-28, 18:22

Hot off the presses! Same deal as before, refer to the older post for gstreamer setup info...

With GStreamer:
http://mac.palemoon.org/dist/palemoon-2 ... .mac64.dmg

Without:
http://mac.palemoon.org/dist/palemoon-2 ... .mac64.dmg

Milobinder

Re: PaleMoon 26.3.2 Unofficial

Unread post by Milobinder » 2016-06-29, 18:03

Solved the inability to launch problem. Working fine on mid-2010 MacBook Pro 10.9.5, "without gstreamer" version. Thanks, sugis!

FineWine

Unread post by FineWine » 2016-06-29, 19:49

Milobinder wrote:Solved the inability to launch problem. Working fine on mid-2010 MacBook Pro 10.9.5, "without gstreamer" version. Thanks, sugis!
Yep same here all good now.

Cheers

rampancy
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by rampancy » 2016-07-01, 22:06

Everything is working great with this build! Thank you so much again for all of your hard work!

sugis

Unread post by sugis » 2016-07-01, 22:33

Great to hear! :D

realmdee

Unread post by realmdee » 2016-07-03, 19:39

I have got the 26.3.2 with GStreamer installed and it is working well. It even fixed a small accessibility issue I was having with Facebook. That is the good side of things. The bad is that since this update I am no longer able to play audio on the cbc.ca web site. It was working in the last two GStreamer versions. This is even with an uninstall and then a reinstall of both Homebrow and GStreamer. A am getting the following "Oops... Your browser isn't capable of playing this media. Error 6" message wen I click on their audio player. I am not sure if it is do to a change in their players configuration or something to do with this build of Pale Moon, but I thought I would bring it up here in case it was Pale Moon 26.3.2 related. If it is not a problem with this build of Pale Moon then I will contact them (CBC) to attempt a remedy. And I should add Pale Moon is by fare the best browser, in my opinion, going for OS X at the present time. Keep up the good work Sugis, as it is much appreciated.

superxinhui

Unread post by superxinhui » 2016-07-05, 04:00

the without version works fine on my laptop. thanks for your great work. :thumbup:

sugis

Unread post by sugis » 2016-07-07, 18:05

Hi realmdee, sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. I think the most useful information would be establishing whether the same site works in the Linux or Windows build. Also, does the same site still work on older Mac builds? It would be good to understand whether this is a regression in 26.3.2 in general (across platforms), specific to the Mac build, or a change in their website that breaks it...

realmdee

Unread post by realmdee » 2016-07-08, 03:07

Sugis, just reinstalled the 26.2.2 with GStreamer version and I can confirm that the audio on the CBC.ca web site is still working with it. So my guess would be that the problem has to do with the 26.3.2 with GStreamer version specifically, either a change in its coding or how the CBC.ca web site is reading a change in its coding.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-07-10, 12:22

Works great, many thanks. Hope you go official soon.

thepiercingarrow

Unread post by thepiercingarrow » 2016-07-18, 10:43

Sugis, what does the '128' in your url stand for? (I am trying to add your build to the homebrew-cask unofficial repository.)

For the download url, I have: http://mac.palemoon.org/dist/palemoon-version-128-debug.en-US.mac64.dmg

but I'm not sure what the 128 means, and in your previous build you had '124' instead of '128'.

Thanks!!

sugis

Unread post by sugis » 2016-07-21, 17:29

Hi Piercingarrow, it is a build number assigned by Jenkins to each unique build made.
It will be different for every release and not predictable.

I'd love to have a Cask for PM, does having the build number in the url make this harder? We could consider changing the format of the name. Maybe include the version number instead of the build number?