Pale Moon 26.2.2 Unofficial

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
andrbjor

Re: Pale Moon 26.2.2 Unofficial

Unread post by andrbjor » 2016-06-07, 14:35

Hi,

A little update.

I downloaded an updated version of gstreamer from the links mentioned in my previous message and installed the packages. This did unfortunately not help and i am still getting same error message even if I reinstalled Pale Moon after the installation of the gstreamer packages (including development).

I also tried the "without" version of Pale Moon, but I am also getting the same error message there.

Perhaps this could be related to something else then gstreamer (please excuse me if this was a stupid question...) :)

Kind regards,

Andreas

DakotaBlake

Unread post by DakotaBlake » 2016-06-08, 18:12

I got the GStreamer build to work with the official 1.8.1 installer package by symlinking the directories (NOT the best method, but it works).

Code: Select all

sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/opt/gettext/
sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/opt/glib/
sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/opt/gstreamer/
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Versions/1.0/lib/ /usr/local/opt/gettext/lib
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Versions/1.0/lib/ /usr/local/opt/glib/lib
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Versions/1.0/lib/ /usr/local/opt/gstreamer/lib
NOTE: This should ONLY be done if you DO NOT have homebrew (or any other package manager installed that uses the /usr/local/opt dir). Hence, I don't have it.

Nubby

Unread post by Nubby » 2016-06-16, 18:25

I got this to work and get gstreamer 1.8.2, the trick is to update brew. Here's what I did and fix complaints from brew as they crop up:

brew update
brew upgrade gstreamer
brew upgrade gstreamer gst-libav gst-plugins-good
brew upgrade gstreamer gst-libav gst-plugins-bad
brew upgrade gstreamer gst-libav gst-plugins-base
I'm not sure these are really necessary, you can try without:

brew upgrade gstreamer
brew upgrade gstreamer gst-libav gst-plugins-good
brew upgrade gstreamer gst-libav gst-plugins-bad

andrbjor

Unread post by andrbjor » 2016-07-03, 09:42

Hi,

And thank you for all your support. I did however not manage to get 26.2.2 running on our iMac with the latest version of OSX.

Prior to installing 26.3.2 I removed brew completely and reinstalled it followed by the packages necessary for Pale Moon with gstreamer support. Now 26.3.2 is running smoothly.

I have no idea if was the reinstallation of brew and the necessary packages that made the new version work, or if there was something strange in the 26.2.2 package. For me as an end user this does not really matter, I am just happy Pale Moon is now working on our iMac!

Kind regards,

Andreas