Silverlight plugin not working

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
idtarn

Silverlight plugin not working

Unread post by idtarn » 2016-05-10, 15:13

I have tested PaleMoon 26.2.1 on my Mac with OSX and found that web pages with Silverlight are not working although the Silverlight plugin is installed.
I tried with our own web site as well as with the "official" test web page at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/default.aspx

I then tried with Firefox 46 on the same Mac and there, Silverlight worked fine (see attachments).

Can you please try to make Silverlight work with PaleMoon?
I will gladly assist with testing!

Many thanks in advance
Tom Arn
Attachments
MacOSX_Silverlight_PaleMoon.png
MacOSX_Silverlight_Firefox.png

josephd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Silverlight plugin not working

Unread post by josephd » 2016-05-10, 16:04

Contact Microsoft and ask them to support PaleMooon. According to the website linked, PM is not supported.

https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverligh ... n-SL5.html

idtarn

Unread post by idtarn » 2016-05-13, 06:26

Contact Microsoft and ask them to support PaleMooon
It does not work this way. Instead, Microsoft provides the Silverlight plugin and the browser makers decide whether to support it or not.
Since the Silverlight plugin does work in the Windows version of PaleMoon and the current Firefox for OSX also supports Silverlight, I hope that PaleMoon will soon support Silverlight on OSX as well.

rahtgaz

Unread post by rahtgaz » 2016-05-13, 13:43

idtarn wrote:
Contact Microsoft and ask them to support PaleMooon
It does not work this way. Instead, Microsoft provides the Silverlight plugin and the browser makers decide whether to support it or not.
Didn't you check the link josephd just provided?

It is the the plugin developers that must support the browser. *Plug* *in*, get it?
And in the particular case of Silverlight, how could the PM developers even hope to support it, if they don't even have access to its code and don't know how it does what it does?