Pale Moon 33.0.1 crash on Mac OS X 10.11.6

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
DrWiFi
New to the forum
New to the forum

Pale Moon 33.0.1 crash on Mac OS X 10.11.6

Unread post by DrWiFi » 2024-03-11, 11:18

I'm afraid some websites are causing Pale Moon to "quit unexpectedly". I attach the "Problem Details and System Configuration" that my machine sent to Apple when this happened. Some details below

- Hardware: iMac (24-inch Mid 2007)
- Pale Moon version: 33.0.1, also repeated with 33.0.0

Apologies in advance if I have done something silly... hope you can help

PS I can navigate to the same websites using the Firefox browser but that stopped being supported for El Capitan a long time ago.
PPS I can also navigate to the same websites using several common browsers on a modern Mac.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon 33.0.1 crash on Mac OS X 10.11.6

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-03-11, 14:04

Please, at the very least, let us know which websites are causing these unexpected closures (crash to desktop), so our mac dev can see if he can reproduce the issue?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

DrWiFi
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by DrWiFi » 2024-03-12, 10:04

Two sites that have PREVIOUSLY caused this probelm for several days up to yesterday on my old iMac with Pale Moon are-

https://www.crowdproperty.com
- This page is fine, but then when you click on "Login" it crashes

https://www.investandfund.com
- This page is fine, but then when you click on "Sign in" it crashes

HOWEVER, as of this morning, they are both working, so something has changed to facilitate this.

Appologies for this taking up some of your time

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2024-03-12, 10:15

DrWiFi wrote:
2024-03-12, 10:04
Appologies for this taking up some of your time
It's alright, sites these days keep fiddling with their code to keep up with Google's never ending changes to standards, so this happens often.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX