Theme scrollbars block a small portion of all websites in MacOS version of Pale Moon

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
Southern_Computer_Geek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Theme scrollbars block a small portion of all websites in MacOS version of Pale Moon

Unread post by Southern_Computer_Geek » 2023-02-21, 00:38

Operating system: MacOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Browser version: 32.0.0
32-bit or 64-bit browser?: 64-bit
Problem URL:
Browser theme (if not default): Past Modern Revisited
Installed add-ons: Ambassador, Decentraleyes, Fireshot, Greasemonkey for Pale Moon, OverbiteFF, Palefill, PDF Viewer, Sasuga, uBlock Origin.
Installed plugins: (about:plugins): "Adobe Acrobat NPAPI Plug-in"

Greetings. I would have posted this in the MacOS sub-board but I couldn't for some reason.
Anyway I have noticed that non-default themes' scrollbars cut off a small portion of all websites. This problem is specific to the MacOS version (I had the same problem with the White Star builds). See the right side of my attached screenshot. I've had the same problem with all the other themes I've tried.
Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 6.14.21 PM.png
While this doesn't hinder my use of this forum, it can be a problem with some websites. Can anyone tell me what's happening here?

dbsoft
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Re: Theme scrollbars block a small portion of all websites in MacOS version of Pale Moon

Unread post by dbsoft » 2023-02-22, 00:48

The default scrollbars are overlay.... which means they lay on top of content and disappear when not in use.

If you go into Apple -> System Settings -> Appearance -> Show Scrollbars

Change the setting to: Always

Does this correct the display?

Southern_Computer_Geek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Theme scrollbars block a small portion of all websites in MacOS version of Pale Moon

Unread post by Southern_Computer_Geek » 2023-02-22, 18:35

That fixed it. Thanks!