Nothing Works In Pale Moon Anymorre

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
snowmoon

Re: Nothing Works In Pale Moon Anymorre

Unread post by snowmoon » 2018-02-21, 10:10

I tried Guitar Center webpage, for me the message telling that "browser is unsupported" shows up for a few seconds an then disappears.

cpreiss, which add ons do you have installed? Especially ad blockers need to have their filter lists kept up-to-date. Are add-on-versions checked against this list: https://addons.palemoon.org/incompatible/

cpreiss

Unread post by cpreiss » 2018-02-21, 16:27

i didnt see my addons on there

snowmoon

Unread post by snowmoon » 2018-02-21, 19:31

Some of your add ons are not listet here https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ which should not be problematic per se, but who knows.

You may try once more without those ("Download Youtube", "Hootsuite", "Menu Wizard", both "Tab Button"-add-ons, "Xmark").
Last edited by snowmoon on 2018-02-21, 19:34, edited 2 times in total.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-02-21, 19:46

cpreiss wrote:i go on a site everyday to get information, gettyimages.com, the search does not work only in pale moon. a month a go i could do all of these in pale moon.
snowmoon wrote:I just checked search on gettyimages, it indeed doesn't work when cookies are disabled!
It also seems to require local storage enabled: dom.storage.enabled = true

cpreiss wrote:heres another site i use all the time. but...
The guitar center site is sniffing user agents.

I got the "unsupported browser" stuff using Native mode (which I normally use) - But not with Gecko Compatibility or Firefox Compatibility modes:
Preferences > Advanced > General tab > Compatibility, User Agent Mode: (choose from drop down menu)
compatmodes.png
Since you use guitarcenter.com regularly, you might want to create a user agent override for it (more here).
You can use your own FFcompat user agent for the string (activate Firefox Compatibility, then open about:support to copy the string displayed there).

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-02-21, 22:04

cpreiss wrote:my addons
Just so you know, in Customize mode, you can move the new tab button to a different toolbar, without two add-ons!

cpreiss

Unread post by cpreiss » 2018-02-23, 08:52

these are the two problems i need

on paypal after typing in your password, im not prompted to save it. i have to enter my passwords for most sites everytime

this plugin, which is the only reason i use pale moon, which ive used everyday now for over a year. seems to be conflicting with getty, the search. i just updated pale moon from an older version. i have a celebrity pic site and use getty to find the names of events, the venue, or city and state, country

ImageHost Grabber v1.7.0.4b

firefox i think doesnt allow unsigned addons or something anymore, it wont work on it. its the only decent pic downloader for mac. like hundreds of pics at a time. if i disable the addon the search on getty works

https://imagehostgrabber.com/download.html
Last edited by cpreiss on 2018-02-23, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

cpreiss

Unread post by cpreiss » 2018-02-23, 08:58

SpockMan02 wrote:
cpreiss wrote:my addons
Just so you know, in Customize mode, you can move the new tab button to a different toolbar, without two add-ons!
for years ive been adding those and never thought about dragging that remove tab thing over. i dont like the new tab icon i mite keep the addon for that tho thanks

cpreiss

Unread post by cpreiss » 2018-02-23, 09:02

well now that i removed the remove new tab addon but still have the pic downloader one, the getty search works now. i didnt think it was just gonna be the pic addon

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-02-23, 23:38

cpreiss wrote:...

on paypal after typing in your password, im not prompted to save it. i have to enter my passwords for most sites everytime

Have you checked what you have Preferences > Security > Passwords > Remember passwords for sites and Automatically fill in log-in details set to?

cpreiss

Unread post by cpreiss » 2018-02-24, 00:37

SpockMan02 wrote:
cpreiss wrote:...

Have you checked what you have Preferences > Security > Passwords > Remember passwords for sites and Automatically fill in log-in details set to?
i never changed anything, but i think its working now. some sites i get the prompt to save and some sites(which i always have) dont know. but i went in preferences and my paypal password was in there now

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-02-24, 01:53

Well, okay, as long as it's working! :)