Page 4 of 6

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Tue, 28 Oct 2014, 15:42
by Davesnothere
Matt A Tobin wrote:If you have an Atom Processor then the Atom build will run the best.

Otherwise PM4XP is your best bet as it does not hold a bias to the Atom Processor.

PM4XP is exactly comparable to Main-Line Pale Moon.

Thanks for the clarifications, and this is exactly what I have been doing so far on that particular PC, and working fine in the default compatibility mode.

BTW, would the Atom build also be the best choice (vs regular Main-Line Pale Moon) for later Netbooks, containing an Atom CPU and running Windows 7 'Starter Edition' ?

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Tue, 28 Oct 2014, 16:13
by Moonchild
Davesnothere wrote:BTW, would the Atom build also be the best choice (vs regular Main-Line Pale Moon) for later Netbooks, containing an Atom CPU and running Windows 7 'Starter Edition' ?

If it's a lower resource machine with an Intel Atom™ processor in it, then yes, the Atom build will be your best choice.
Basically, Netbook+Atom -> Atom version (regardless of OS)

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Wed, 29 Oct 2014, 00:23
by Davesnothere
Moonchild wrote:
Davesnothere wrote:BTW, would the Atom build also be the best choice (vs regular Main-Line Pale Moon) for later Netbooks, containing an Atom CPU and running Windows 7 'Starter Edition' ?

If it's a lower resource machine with an Intel Atom™ processor in it, then yes, the Atom build will be your best choice.

Basically, Netbook+Atom -> Atom version (regardless of OS)

Super - Thanks - I'll spread the word about that point.

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 11:29
by Pedro
Bump!

Pedro wrote:Hi Tobin

Matt A Tobin wrote:Pale Moon for Windows XP 25.0.2 has been released.


Update worked perfectly! Thank you again!

One small detail: would it be possible to update the version information in the palemoon.exe details to match the release version?

I use SUMo (http://www.kcsoftwares.com/?sumo) to manually check for updates for all programs and although I'm using Palemoon 25.0.2 but it is reporting that I still have 25.0.0

Can you fix this?

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Thu, 30 Oct 2014, 11:31
by New Tobin Paradigm
No. The Microsoft style version information in the binary is dictated by the codebase and building process. I will not change it.

In the future, don't bump posts like that.

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Wed, 12 Nov 2014, 11:48
by metamorphosis
I was quite happy with this, but found several sites scripts just didn't work with it (deviantArt submissions, gamasutra article submission).
These all worked fine with PM 24 and work fine with firefox-
Cheers,
M

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 01:45
by Pnume
When will this be updated?

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 01:56
by New Tobin Paradigm
Pnume wrote:When will this be updated?


Later tonight. I have to rebuild the binaries to correct a compilation error. Stay tuned.

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 02:19
by Pnume
Matt A Tobin wrote:
Pnume wrote:When will this be updated?


Later tonight. I have to rebuild the binaries to correct a compilation error. Stay tuned.


Thanks. And sorry if I came off as impatient—I'm not. Just was curious is all. :)

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 02:31
by New Tobin Paradigm
Pale Moon for Windows XP 25.1.0 has been released.

Pale Moon 25.1.0 Release Notes here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6531

PM4XP Release Notes:
No Additional changes from main-line

You can get it here: http://binaryoutcast.com/software/projects/pm4xp/ or via the internal software updater.

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 13:41
by Trippynet
Thanks Tobin! :thumbup:

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 17:23
by dr_st
Updated; working great so far, thanks. :)

One question - I noticed that when updating PM4XP through the internal updater, the full installer (~24MB) always gets downloaded, whereas the main-line version seems to download what appears to be an incremental update (~1MB). It's a minor thing, obviously, but I was wondering why it is the case, and whether something prevents PM4XP from using the same incremental update method.

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 21:33
by New Tobin Paradigm
dr_st wrote:Updated; working great so far, thanks. :)

One question - I noticed that when updating PM4XP through the internal updater, the full installer (~24MB) always gets downloaded, whereas the main-line version seems to download what appears to be an incremental update (~1MB). It's a minor thing, obviously, but I was wondering why it is the case, and whether something prevents PM4XP from using the same incremental update method.


Incremental Updates are a pain to generate. Since this is a contrib build, has relatively low usership compared to main-line, and I have no bandwidth restrictions on the Binary Outcast server I saw little point in generating incremental mar files for the time being. All is as it should be but thanks for the question and noticing! :thumbup:

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 22:48
by McFluffy
Works like a charm :thumbup:
Perhaps the xp build could get a more prominent forum place together with the Mac ect. versions, instead of deeply hidden in the 5'th row ?

Off-topic:
Tobin: Do you actually believe in a future for ReactOS, or is it simply because the PM4XP by nature works on this OS?

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 22:55
by New Tobin Paradigm
McFluffy wrote:Works like a charm :thumbup:
Perhaps the xp build could get a more prominent forum place together with the Mac ect. versions, instead of deeply hidden in the 5'th row ?

Off-topic:
Tobin: Do you actually believe in a future for ReactOS, or is it simply because the PM4XP by nature works on this OS?


Point 1: Maybe.. it will depend on the specific activity re: PM4XP gets.. Right now I am not that bothered about it being in 3rd party contrib. (which this board was my idea anyway :P)

Off-topic:
Point 2: Yes.

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sun, 16 Nov 2014, 00:42
by New Tobin Paradigm
You asked for it.. I provided it. Pale Moon for Windows XP (and ReactOS) portable version is now on the project page! Go get it..

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sun, 16 Nov 2014, 08:51
by McFluffy
Wow :thumbup:

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sun, 16 Nov 2014, 20:30
by Davesnothere
Matt A Tobin wrote:You asked for it.. I provided it. Pale Moon for Windows XP (and ReactOS) portable version is now on the project page! Go get it..

Yes, I just noticed it on the site page for which you posted the link upthread.

Thanks ! :)

This is one more example of PaleMoon caring about users having CHOICE. :clap:

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Wed, 10 Dec 2014, 00:41
by theelf
Hi!!

greetings from japan, new here, sorry my english please... i just came to say thank you!!

I just upgrade one week ago from XP 32bits to XP 64bit, and the first "problem" was about get a updated palemoon build... annd i finish here :D


Keep you good work :clap: congratulations

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Posted: Sat, 17 Jan 2015, 03:41
by New Tobin Paradigm
(Might be a good idea to mention this)

Pale Moon for Windows XP 25.2.0 has been released.

Pale Moon 25.2.0 Release Notes here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7076

PM4XP Release Notes:
No Additional changes from main-line

You can get it here: http://binaryoutcast.com/software/projects/pm4xp/ or via the internal software updater.