(Deprecated) Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

For contributed third party builds not necessarily configured like the main product.
e.g. AVX builds, SSE builds, Pandora builds.
Joel Cairo

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-01-21, 09:53

I've been using Mass Downloader for over a decade, and the Firefox (sic) add-on - mpint.xpi - since v.1. And I run Windows 7 (and greater), and XP x64, with a shared PM profile. But since the XP fork, Mass Downloader doesn't recognise a compatible browser on XP, though it continues to do so in Win 7+.

I've had no response from the developers - MetaProducts. What is it that's different about PM for XP?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-01-21, 10:21

Can you link me the url to the extension?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-01-21, 14:43

There is nothing in the extension that could be causing the issue you are having so the problem must lie in the binaries that the extension calls.

Joel Cairo

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-01-22, 20:05

Thanks for looking, Tobin. Think I'll stick to using DownThemAll in XP. Messed around with Process Monitor and Inctrl5, the former was just too much to wade through (I decided after an hour or so!) and the latter gave no clue. If I was still using XP much at all I'd keep digging.

Shane

theelf

Unread post by theelf » 2015-01-30, 00:04

Hi!!

I downloaded the new version, but slow downs a lot... is almost impossible to use after a while

First 10 or 15 minutes, is OK, but after that, too slow

Is possible to download the old version? i think 25.0.0... that version works great

Im on XP x64

Thanks

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-01-30, 00:21

I had not noticed any slow downs in testing compaired with mainline can you be more specific

theelf

Unread post by theelf » 2015-01-30, 13:52

No idea to be more specific, what do you need to know? is slow, every click slow down the PC, scroll lags a lot, and after some time, i need to close palemoon, because i cant even open a new tab

The problem start with 25.2.0, old version was perfect

Sadly when i installed lad version, i did not keep old one, any chances to get the download again?

Thanks

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-01-30, 14:09

Even in safe mode?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-01-30, 14:20

All old versions can be found here: http://repository.binaryoutcast.com/projects/pm4xp/

Still would like more info such as Which NT5x OS are you on what arch what add-ons.. Computer specs.. ram stuff like that.

theelf

Unread post by theelf » 2015-01-30, 15:32

No idea about a safe mode

My main PC is a Pentium 4 3.4ghz 775, 4GB de ram DDR2, XP x64, the hard disk is a SDD 120gb.

I have a second PC in the bedroom, a Q6600, 4GB ram DDR2, XP x64, 256GB SSD, exactly same setup, in fact is a clone, because both are same dell computer

Same problem in both computers

Palemoon Addons

Addblock Plus
flashblock
resizeIT
Download Manager Tweak

I check disabling all extension, run palemoon again, but slowdown remains

Matt A Tobin thanks for links to old versions, i installed 25.1.0 again, and now everyting is working perfect again, no more slowdown. Like i said, slowdowns start with 25.2.0+

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-01-30, 16:59

You should be using Adblock Latitude. The Pseudo-Static is NOT being updated anymore.

Also why are you running a 64bit OS on a machine with 4gbs of ram or less.. What is the advantage?

theelf

Unread post by theelf » 2015-01-30, 20:10

Matt A Tobin wrote:You should be using Adblock Latitude. The Pseudo-Static is NOT being updated anymore.

Also why are you running a 64bit OS on a machine with 4gbs of ram or less.. What is the advantage?

Thanks, I installed Adblock Latitude

About other question... http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

is amazing... now i can edit super big PNG in Paint Shop Pro 7! in 32bits OS, after 1.2GB allways crash... and... thats all

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-03-13, 19:21

Pale Moon for Windows XP 25.3.0 has been released.

Pale Moon 25.3.0 Release Notes here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7625

PM4XP Release Notes:
Corrected an issue and updated to the latest portable runtime.
No other changes from mainline

You can get it here: http://binaryoutcast.com/projects/pm4xp/ or via the internal software updater.

Mercury

Unread post by Mercury » 2015-03-14, 00:34

Tobin,

I see that the source was last updated three days ago (March 10). Is this the source for the latest release?

If so, then purely out of curiosity, why the delay between having the source and making the release. Just testing, or...?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-03-14, 00:51

Mercury wrote:Tobin,

I see that the source was last updated three days ago (March 10). Is this the source for the latest release?

If so, then purely out of curiosity, why the delay between having the source and making the release. Just testing, or...?
It is when I merged in the latest relbranch. Yes it is up to date..

Why do you ask?

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2015-03-14, 01:04

My guess is curiosity :
Mercury wrote:purely out of curiosity

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-03-14, 01:09

Here is how development of PM4XP goes.

I have a branch that I merge periodically from the master (trunk) of Pale Moon that I check on occasion but then when Moonchild gets ready for release I merge the release branch of Pale Moon into PM4XP32 and PM4XP64 respectively then build and test that then.. (Try) to release on the same day as main-line Pale Moon.

Of course if I am doing something specific for PM4XP it will get more of attention but that is the simplest way of explaining the process.

Mercury

Unread post by Mercury » 2015-03-14, 02:24

I asked my first question because I want to build PM for myself and want to be sure I'm using the latest release code.

I asked my second question because I was curious why there's a three-day delay between release code availability and release binary availability.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-03-25, 21:52

Pale Moon for Windows XP 25.3.1 has been released.

Pale Moon 25.3.1 Release Notes here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7782

PM4XP Release Notes:
No other changes from main-line

You can get it here: http://binaryoutcast.com/projects/pm4xp/ or via the internal software updater.