[DISCONTINUED] Pale Moon "Sumozi"

For contributed third party builds not necessarily configured like the main product.
e.g. AVX builds, SSE builds, Pandora builds.
New Tobin Paradigm

[DISCONTINUED] Pale Moon "Sumozi"

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-06-20, 18:40

Pale Moon "Sumozi" has been discontinued and binary updates and support will no longer be offered. However, we are continuing to update the branch but we offer no support if you chose to build "Sumozi" yourself.

Original Post:
"Sumozi" is a 3rd party contributed build that re-enables some of the features that are disabled at built time by Moonchild. These would be Accessibility, Parental Controls, and WebRTC as well as turning SocialAPI and PDFjs on by default.

"Sumozi" is currently is released for 32bit Windows starting with Windows XP and up as well as 64bit Vista and up.

These are only built from branched code from the official release branch of Pale Moon which is promptly merged in after the main-line browser is released. I do have my own repo with the "Sumozi" and "PM4XP64" up on Git Hub.

Remember: This variant of Pale Moon only really satisfies the edge case of needing those features that are disabled from the main-line build and if you otherwise do not have a use for them I encourage you to use the normal version of Pale Moon.

Check out the Binary Outcast Software Project Page for more detailed information and downloads!
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2014-10-10, 20:17, edited 5 times in total.

Sowmoots

Re: Pale Moon "Sumozi" Release Thread

Unread post by Sowmoots » 2014-06-21, 16:04

Does this come bundled with the Tab Groups addon?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-06-21, 19:47

Sowmoots wrote:Does this come bundled with the Tab Groups addon?
No.. But you can install the addon from the website!

marcdw

Unread post by marcdw » 2014-06-26, 03:19

I'll definitely be giving this one a try next week. Especially the build for XP x64 Edition.
Glad to see that. :thumbup:

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-06-26, 03:36

COOL!! I cant wait! So I'm downloading it right now. :D

Wait, do I have to uninstall the regular PM and then reinstall PM Sumozi?
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-06-26, 10:28

LimboSlam wrote:Wait, do I have to uninstall the regular PM and then reinstall PM Sumozi?
No, you don't. It's a full browser package.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-06-26, 20:06

Ok, thanks
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

hitokage
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by hitokage » 2014-06-26, 23:55

Just to add, while you can have both installed at the same time, you can't/shouldn't use them at the same time - quit one before using the other.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-07-02, 04:57

hitokage wrote:Just to add, while you can have both installed at the same time, you can't/shouldn't use them at the same time - quit one before using the other.
Since all Pale Moon builds use the same guid, internal names, and profile location you cannot run multiple copies as is at the same time. (There are ways around this of course but not be default). This is in much the same way you can't run different versions (or channels) of Firefox at the same time.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-07-28, 21:56

With our point proven with "Sumozi", Binary Outcast has decided that the 24.7.x line will be the last versions that we will release in binary form. Of course since we committed to create this we will be maintaining the repo so that anyone who DOES have a need for "Sumozi" will be able to build it exactly as we have with the associated mozconfig files.

We have also decided to not build a version for XP64 this time around. However, you can additionally achieve the same results by porting the build config patch from PM4XP64 and use the sumozi-x64 version of the mozconfig file.

BinOC wishes to thank everyone who tested and have used "Sumozi" and hope this will not be a major inconvenience to anyone.

EDIT: Pale Moon "Sumozi" 24.7.1 has been released.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Pale Moon "Sumozi" - Release Thread

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-11, 11:59

Pale Moon "Sumozi" version 24.7.2 has just been released. Get it here:http://binaryoutcast.com/software/projects/sumozi/