What's wrong with Mypal?

For contributed third party builds not necessarily configured like the main product.
e.g. AVX builds, SSE builds, Pandora builds.
Kraatze
New to the forum
New to the forum

What's wrong with Mypal?

Unread post by Kraatze » 2020-09-16, 04:03

I'm not sure where to post about it, but here's the note from the latest release of Mypal on github:
PAY Attention original palemoon developers declared that we abuse their sites they even tried block them from mypal but failed, and it will be likely an excuse when they begin abuse us. So no excuse ещ to me i removed all links to their sites from mypal, the addons page synch and other stuff regarding palemoon will not work, do not complain and create issue about this. You can open their sites manually but i do not suggest who knows what they invent next time. If you really want to open their site use another browser. Anyway i can build new versions while they stay opensource and eventually we set up our own alternative sites.

Is this true? If it is true, so why is this happening? What's the problem with Mypal? This situation is serious for a Mypal user like me and very unclear.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: What's wrong with Mypal?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-09-16, 08:24

This has been discussed extensively already.
I was not aware of the post you quoted but it's really sad to see that kind of response. But if that's the way Feodor wants to go into the future then so be it. I've given plenty of time for him to ask simple permission but instead (and instead of just giving an answer) this is what he does? Sad.

If Feodor reads this (I'm sure he does): Please make haste setting up your own servers for your own fork. If you want to make this hard split please prevent any further traffic from your alternative to our infra. Do it properly. Thanks in advance.

See also viewtopic.php?f=17&t=25084&p=198040#p198040 for context
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Kraatze
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by Kraatze » 2020-09-16, 11:16

I have read the last post in that topic you linked me to and I just want to tell you about at least one mistake you made in your statement.

Moonchild wrote:
2020-09-16, 08:24
he has now publicly announced his distinct animosity
No, he didn't. Фёдор was being pretty pissed off, but not hateful nor mean at all. Maybe his poor English skills made it sound like that, but it's not what you thought in the first place.
Honestly, on a quick investigation this all looks like one hell of a misunderstanding mess. Just for you to know.
And as a user of both projects I really do not want this mess to go any further. I really hope it would soon come to a peaceful end. If you wish, I may help you both with understanding each other, just let me know, because the language barrier is definitely a thing here.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-09-16, 12:48

Nonsense.
I've been open and approachable thus far but he has chosen NOT to do so. Inaction speaks just as loudly as action.
The ball was in his court, he chose to not cooperate and continue on his merry way. It's sad, but this pretty much precludes any potential for cooperation in the future too.

All I asked for was a bit of courtesy and respect. But I guess that's too much to ask, and it pisses him off that I do so. How is that not a display of animosity?
So, THAT is what is wrong with Mypal. Question answered.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite