Here is a build of Pale Moon 26.1.1 for AOSC OS (can be obtained from https://aosc.io), with no change to source code except for a replaced loading.png (or else it won't "rotate" with libpng 1.5+). This is a distribution build, with the following "features", if you may.
- Tuned for Core 2 processors, and enabled SSE3 optimizations;
- Bundled with all i18n packs (and with aid of an simple vendor.js, it can change language according to system language settings;
- Hardened (fortified source, full relro, no rpath, etc. However PIE is not enabled just yet);
https://github.com/AOSC-Dev/aosc-os-abb ... b/palemoon
(The package is built according to
Being in the "staging" branch means that it will not be provided in the repository at the moment (but for review purpose, I have uploaded the binary in .deb package to a separate directory on our server). The binary (for testing and review purpose) can be obtained here.
I would really want to provide this with its official branding to our users, and I will be more than happy to make any changes for it to meet the standard of a recognized 3rd party build.
Future plans about this package and its support:
- Enabling PIE once we can sort out an official "hardened" GCC spec;
- Provide AppData XML for the package so it's easier for users to install the browser in a graphical software manager like GNOME Software;
- When necessary, we will be able to contribute to zh_CN and zh_TW translations;
Mingcong (Jeff) Bai, developer of AOSC