Pale Moon SSE

For contributed third party builds not necessarily configured like the main product.
e.g. AVX builds, SSE builds, Pandora builds.
Lorien

Re: Pale Moon SSE

Unread post by Lorien » 2016-10-17, 22:50

So you're able to entrust to NS your important layer of security without a second thought after GM secretly manipulated its code a few years back, aren't you?
(Although I must admit I use it too, and this might be considered off-topic, but still) :)

What about:
- granular filtering
- element hiding
- list of page elements
Don't you need all of that useful features?

Also, do you possibly belong to the HOSTS file fan-club too? :)

Galaxy
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Galaxy » 2016-10-18, 01:11

Lorien wrote:Mercury, so what do you use with your PM SSE instead of ABL, and why?
You didn't ask other users, but I'll offer a suggestion. Try uBlock Origin 1.9.12, which is what I use. The default settings work quite well. Fine-tune as needed to suit your preferences.

I have not used ABL, so I cannot compare it to uBlock Origin.

Drugwash
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Drugwash » 2016-10-18, 13:37

Lorien wrote:[…]this might be considered off-topic […]

What about:
- granular filtering
- element hiding
- list of page elements […]

Also, do you possibly belong to the HOSTS file fan-club too? :)
Off-topic:
Indeed it's kinda off-topic. Would you be so kind as to open a new topic related to (security) add-ons compatible with the SSE build? The information would be much more visible than buried here, IMHO. ;)

Now, related to element hiding (and even page restyling!) I've been using for months a slightly modified version of YARIP and I'm very pleased with it, however I'm running the Atom/XP version of Pale Moon 25.8.1 so I'm not sure how/if it would perform under the SSE version and same goes for the add-ons mentioned below. DOM Inspector could be of much help for YARIP too in certain situations.

In addition to NoScript I also use Ghostery, RequestPolicy (old 0.5.28 version) and for additional fine tweaking QuickJava and Redirect Cleaner, plus a couple scripts in GreaseMonkey 1.15.1. Encrypted Web is there too, if it matters and there's also Yes Script which I never used yet.
However, personally I don't care much about security because I'm not doing online banking/shopping or anything important so can't vouch about any of these add-ons' integrity or efficiency degree.

Oh and I am also using a "heavy" HOSTS file created by a tool built by myself (which still needs a few options implemented but I'm lazy).

Lorien

Unread post by Lorien » 2016-10-18, 21:23

Off-topic:
I decided to start a new thread @ General discussion board, since this topic goes far beyond the extensions, IMHO.

Welcome everybody.

Mercury, I'm eagerly waiting for your opinion there, and I'm sorry for all the off-topic here once again :) [:facepalm: should be here]

Mercury
Banned user
Banned user

Pale Moon SSE for Windows - retired

Unread post by Mercury » 2016-11-24, 00:33

Well, everyone, unfortunately the time has come. :( For reasons personal and practical, v27 of Pale Moon SSE is something I will not be providing.

:!: I am officially retiring as a build contributor. v26.5.0 will be the final Pale Moon SSE version provided by me. :!:

If someone else wishes to carry this torch and has questions about the process as I managed it, please feel free to ask. I recommend sending me a PM to get my attention; posts elsewhere may slip by.

Thank you to everyone who expressed interest and provided feedback on the SSE build. I think we had a good run. :thumbup: Thanks especially to Moonchild and the PM team for giving us this wonderful browser.

Drugwash
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Drugwash » 2016-11-24, 08:07

Thank you Mercury for all your kind efforts! :clap: :thumbup:
Good luck with any other projects you may have in the works! ;)
Best wishes. :wave:

Alt+F4

Unread post by Alt+F4 » 2016-11-24, 14:14

@Mercury

We knew this day would come. Thank you so much for all you've done for us!

LLAP! :)

Galaxy
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Galaxy » 2016-11-26, 14:45

Thanks Mercury for all your builds! You gave us bug-free builds and fast turnaround! Thanks again! You will be missed!!