Let's avoid Mozillazine as a topic

General discussion and chat (archived)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Let's avoid Mozillazine as a topic

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-10-05, 19:12

Considering the latest MozillaZine thread had a lot of bad blood back and forth, with lots of pointless drama, I've removed it altogether.

Considering there is obviously plenty to be said about the topic and none of it is in any way contributing to pleasant or useful conversation, let's just avoid touching the subject altogether unless there is a specific reason for it; let MZ be MZ, and let us be us, and not make unnecessary connections or lay blame on anyone.

Let's be better than that, shall we?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

megaman

Re: Let's avoid Mozillazine as a topic

Unread post by megaman » 2015-10-05, 19:33

I haven't seen a reason on why I should visit. (Used to be because of Nightly, but I rarely use that anymore)
In the end, we can't keep you from going, just don't start wars and drag us into it.(Or rile them up with advertising Palemoon)

Always nice and friendly conversations, please.

intofix

Unread post by intofix » 2015-10-05, 19:35

Off-topic:
Whatever their reasons, it was not a reason for definitive bans. If it is always their desire you should let them another chance to participe on this forum. Just my opinion.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-10-05, 19:39

intofix wrote:
Off-topic:
Whatever their reasons, it was not a reason for definitive bans. If it is always their desire you should let them another chance to participe on this forum. Just my opinion.
The users get baited into sparking rage.
It's like we're are being bullied into getting feisty, then they find us aggressive and hostile, so they ban us.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2015-10-05, 22:39

Good decision OP ... I second that.
I rarely visited MZ (but another FF forum) and so much I can understand people being disappointed or in a bad feel, it's really pointless and a waste of time to throw it up the fan (here).
I'm not a hug-a-forum-member guy, but I appreciate the balanced ups and downs here very much. It's been one of the reasons to switch to PM.
Keep it straight, dudes :thumbup:

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-10-05, 22:46

Ok, ok......

Well this was not what I was expecting when I came home from my job, thought you guys would have handle this better. I'm sorry for this, should have thought before hand, my bad. :oops: :mrgreen:

MC, could there have been pm of why it was taken down before hand, this was a shock having my thread taken down as it rarely happens to me; a courtesy thing, thats all.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2015-10-05, 22:51

We should probably pin this thread so it doesn't get dragged down.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-10-05, 23:09

@Limboslam: sent you a PM now.

@Daikun: good idea, I made it a sticky.

Not that I'm happy with it having to be this way, since I'd rather that this wasn't a hot topic to begin with and that things can just be talked about without escalating or people feeling hurt, but apparently this is where we stand at the moment. So kindly give it a rest, everyone.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Tharn

Unread post by Tharn » 2015-10-05, 23:58

Am I the only one who thought it wasn't that bad?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-10-06, 00:08

The way I see it is and you must realize that this is a super special case.. is.. Why invite drama and bad will.. As a community and a project we have serious issues with Mozilla and Mozillazine's community.. By the same token, Mozillazine has issues with us, albeit perceptually inaccurate at best. Though, I am sure they feel the same about us.

At the end of the day it can only devolve into a petty squabble of irrelevance that has lost all sight of the original issue.. at best.. At worst it would start another cross-community conflict that would spill into each other's community groups. With cross-posting campaigns and a couple of people going out and actively defending their position with the rare user doing so by bannable means on both sides.

This need not happen because we do not need to seek another project's or community's approval to justify the work we do here.

Let me also just put this out here.. Like Pale Moon it's self, use whatever forum and be apart of any community that works for you. We are not going to tell you you can't be apart of one or the both as long as you follow the rules of the one you are in (though recommendations are made from time to time but you can feel secure in that they can always be ignored).

So let's just turn our attention away from this potential issue and focus on something else.. Like, I dunno, the awesome Cross-Halloween design we brought back!