Blackbird: A Firefox-based browser for black people

General discussion area and chat

Moderator: satrow

Forum rules
This General Discussions forum is an open chat area, so you can talk about almost any subject. Please keep things civil, though!

Please do try to somewhat stick to the relevance of this forum, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Totally random" subjects don't really belong here, even in the general discussion area.
Pnume

Blackbird: A Firefox-based browser for black people

Unread post by Pnume » 2012-06-16, 06:01

I kid you not, there's actually a Firefox-based browser for black people:

Blackbird is an Internet browser developed for the African American community. The Blackbird browser not only provides easy access to Web 2.0 features and services, but a way to provide more visibility and access to African American content.

What are your thoughts on this? :lol:

I think this has inspired me to create a Firefox-based browser for Canadians -- a browser that will no doubt compete with Pale Moon! ;)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Blackbird: A Firefox-based browser for black people

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-06-16, 10:16

One of the many "take Firefox, rebrand it, slap your favorite/affiliated bookmarks in it by default, and market it"
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

lyceus
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-06-17, 02:32

Well if we remember the history of Netscape, they did that as well: After the death of Netscape someone made "Flock" for have the social networks integrated in the browser. But the idea was brought by Zinga and just disappeared. :D

Pnume

Unread post by Pnume » 2012-06-17, 03:26

If you're interested, there's also a browser for white Americans.

I'm white, but not American. :thumbdown:

lyceus
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-06-17, 06:05

Pnume wrote:If you're interested, there's also a browser for white Americans.

I'm white, but not American. :thumbdown:
Wow I wonder now.... Which demographic public Pale Moon should be targeted to? :mrgreen:

EDIT: This is too late for American April's Fool and too early for LatinAmerican Fool's Day!!! (whitebirdbrowser -> Safari!!!) :mrgreen: