IE developments

General discussion and chat (archived)
cooperb21

IE developments

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2015-02-26, 04:00

Split off from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7470&start=10#p48702
01d[hook wrote:Hi Night Wing :)

Concerning Abobe Flash Player in Windows, I only mentioned IE since IE is my backup browser (now) to Pale Moon. Since Firefox is all Australis now (a Chrome wannabe) in both the regular versions as well as their ESR versions, I no longer use Firefox anymore (in both Windows and linux).
Sadly soon IE will be coming the same as chrome. In windows 10 the newest IE is based off chrome and you can now install there addons into IE.

I dont think its same engine as chrome but it must be similar if they are allowing you full addon support with anything that works with chrome.

megaman

Re: Flash Player update, screw up ! RESOLVED

Unread post by megaman » 2015-02-26, 04:03

cooperb21 wrote:Sadly soon IE will be coming the same as chrome. In windows 10 the newest IE is based off chrome and you can now install there addons into IE.
The new version of IE codename "Spartan" will allow Chrome extensions, but it is not Chrome-based. (Then again, it is up for debate, we still need to wait for the final product)

cooperb21

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2015-02-26, 04:04

megaman wrote:
cooperb21 wrote:Sadly soon IE will be coming the same as chrome. In windows 10 the newest IE is based off chrome and you can now install there addons into IE.
The new version of IE codename "Spartan" will allow Chrome extensions, but it is not Chrome-based. (Then again, it is up for debate, we still need to wait for the final product)[/offtopic]
Its not chrome based but it must be very very close if its allowing Chrome extensions to fully work from there store without any tweaks.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-02-26, 15:24

Not so fast. Concerning Spartan, Microsoft has to cater to the enterprise (business) users. I'm sure many businesses will not like the minimalistic Spartan browser and if that happens, businesses won't upgrade to Windows 10. This is why Microsoft is doubling down on it's bet and is going to offer both IE 11 and Spartan browsers to it's business customers in (I'm guessing) Windows 10 "Pro" version. Click on the link below.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2874512/spartan-and-ie11-to-coexist-in-windows-10.html

For the general public (home users), Windows 10 may contain only Spartan and not IE 11. If that happens, Windows 10 may suffer the same kind of backlash of it's newest operating system just like Windows 8 did.

The computer shop where I help out at, they've got a pre-release copy of Windows 10 Pro and IE 11 is in it. I didn't check to see if Spartan was in it since Spartan doesn't appeal to me so I didn't look for it.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-02-26, 17:39

cooperb21 wrote:Its not chrome based but it must be very very close if its allowing Chrome extensions to fully work from there store without any tweaks.
Blackberry does this too, it started allowing Android apps into its OS, so it's the same thing. Only because it allows this it doesn't mean it should be a problem. The only thing I have on IE is Adblock Plus, and even then, I hardly use IE.

cooperb21

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2015-02-26, 19:33

megaman wrote:
cooperb21 wrote:Its not chrome based but it must be very very close if its allowing Chrome extensions to fully work from there store without any tweaks.
Blackberry does this too, it started allowing Android apps into its OS, so it's the same thing. Only because it allows this it doesn't mean it should be a problem. The only thing I have on IE is Adblock Plus, and even then, I hardly use IE.
Ah i see then maybe it wont be so bad i guess. I heard alot of good things about it from what i looked up.