Endless BSOD loop on windows 8 (need a solution quick)

General discussion and chat (archived)
The_Avrowolf

Endless BSOD loop on windows 8 (need a solution quick)

Unread post by The_Avrowolf » 2014-10-30, 04:24

Hello, I'm currently having issues with windows 8 (64 bit, had no choice when buying the laptop I have currently) with the endless BSOD boot and it's really pissing me off. All I did was come home from work and turned my laptop on to watch some videos (and hoping not be forced to restart), but NOOOOO, windows 8 decided not to boot at all, so I restarted. Then I had the first BSOD and it restarted to automatic repair. I wasn't willing (while loading a restore point) to reinstall some programs I had, so I tried to do a trick where I restarted while "system restore" was happening and hoping that everything would come back to normal (like it usually does with a familiar message to say that it didn't complete). After that came the endless loop of BSODs. I am on my itouch right now and I'm out of a warrenty with my laptop (I thought it was for a full year, but instead it was 9 months).

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Endless BSOD loop on windows 8 (need a solution quick)

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-30, 07:13

Hate to say it, but by restarting in the middle of a system restore on non-booting broken version, you have probably completely screwed up the Win 8 boot process.

Your only solution will likely be to grab the Win 8 install disk, pop it in, and do a repair/reinstall from that.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

The_Avrowolf

Unread post by The_Avrowolf » 2014-10-30, 14:37

Moonchild wrote:Hate to say it, but by restarting in the middle of a system restore on non-booting broken version, you have probably completely screwed up the Win 8 boot process.

Your only solution will likely be to grab the Win 8 install disk, pop it in, and do a repair/reinstall from that.
Does the install disk exist? I've never seen it before nor did I ever get it (I'll have to look around just in case I do).

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-10-30, 15:10

The_Avrowolf wrote:Does the install disk exist? I've never seen it before nor did I ever get it (I'll have to look around just in case I do).
That's something that only you can answer. It may also be that:
1. You have a recovery sector that will allow you to repair\re-install
2. Your computer came with a method to create image DVDs to re-image your system.

You may need to contact support from the place that you purchased the laptop to find out how to correct this boot error.