Data Leaks

General discussion and chat (archived)
LmaoZedong

Data Leaks

Unread post by LmaoZedong » 2014-10-27, 18:54

Hello

I am concerned of privacy and I found a couple of problems on Pale Moon that the latest versions of Firefox dont have, you can check the 2 problems here: https://panopticlick.eff.org/ Pale Moon gives a lot of info about System fonts and Plugins. Is there some way to prevent this? I couldnt find anything on about:options.

Regards

Supernova

Re: Data Leaks

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-27, 21:03

May you take a screenshoot of your firefox test and share it here ?

For fonts ; set flash to ask to activate ; and disable java (which is only very rarely needed).

LmaoZedong

Unread post by LmaoZedong » 2014-10-28, 15:27

Supernova wrote:May you take a screenshoot of your firefox test and share it here ?

For fonts ; set flash to ask to activate ; and disable java (which is only very rarely needed).
Here you go (screenshot), the fonts was fixed like that, thanks :)

https://mediacru.sh/w94NSt0v5BrT

If you see, it still says too much information.

Note: it gives me this error with the img tags so I put the link to the screenshot: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-28, 15:32

I'd say that "too much information" is relative.
The topic title is already misleading: No data is leaked. What you are looking at is "fingerprinting".

You should know that Pale Moon, as far as plugins is concerned, actually attempts to make every visit unique by presenting a shuffled list of plugins (poisoning the trackers' databases with randomized entries). So getting "unique" is actually a good thing in that respect ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

LmaoZedong

Unread post by LmaoZedong » 2014-10-28, 17:54

Moonchild wrote:I'd say that "too much information" is relative.
The topic title is already misleading: No data is leaked. What you are looking at is "fingerprinting".

You should know that Pale Moon, as far as plugins is concerned, actually attempts to make every visit unique by presenting a shuffled list of plugins (poisoning the trackers' databases with randomized entries). So getting "unique" is actually a good thing in that respect ;)
ok, thank you very much :) I didnt check if those entries were different.