Simple timer toolbar clock

General discussion and chat (archived)
Peano

Simple timer toolbar clock

Unread post by Peano » 2014-10-11, 01:38

I just updated to PM 25. I have the Simple Timer extension installed.

Prior to update, this extension showed a clock in the toolbar. After update, the clock doesn't display.

Is Simple Timer incompatible with version 25?

lyceus

Re: Simple timer toolbar clock

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-10-11, 05:06

Hi!
Welcome to Pale Moon forums.

Actually several add-ons are hard linked to the GUID of Firefox for work (see more here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5884), so this is a trouble of the author of the add-on. Please send an email to the author so he/she can fix the add-on.

But you help a lot reporting this add-on so more people are aware that for the moment is not working!

Greetings,
Lobocursor

mikeysc

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-10-11, 05:43

Simple Timer version 1.13 will work if you have the technical skill to edit install.rdf and chrome.manifest. Such edits are not officially recommended and not supported however.
Last edited by mikeysc on 2014-10-17, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.

Peano

Unread post by Peano » 2014-10-11, 13:01

mikeysc wrote:Simple Timer version 1.13 will work if you edit install.rdf and chrome.manifest.
Edit them how? I'm afraid I don't have your understanding of computers.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-11, 14:53

1)Download (not install) the .xpi
2)Open the .xpi with a programme designed to manage archive (something like 7zip). If it don't want, rename the .xpi in .zip the time to do what you need
3)You'll then see the files of the addons, and will find the one mentionned above
4)Open them with your preferred text editor
5)Replace any appearance of the Firefox GUID by the PM one (look in announcements, there is a topic where it is explained)
6)Adapt min-max versions
7)Save edits, rename the pack as .xpi
8)Install it
9)Disable addons auto-update to avoid it being overriden by the AMO version

Peano

Unread post by Peano » 2014-10-11, 15:03

I do appreciate your providing those steps, but unfortunately my technical proficiency isn't up to the job. I don't even know what "the .xpi" is. It's a wonder I can dress myself in the mornings.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-11, 15:15

A pseudo-static version will be provided soon.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-11, 15:28

Peano wrote:It's a wonder I can dress myself in the mornings.
It's a .zip package renamed .xpi which contains all the files of the add-on. But it'll probably simpler to wait for Tobin's pseudo-static version if it still seems unclear with my steps.

[2054]

Unread post by [2054] » 2014-12-12, 14:29

Matt A Tobin wrote:A pseudo-static version will be provided soon.
You say so? Simple Timer is the sole extension that hasn't regained functionality for me since Firefox Compatibility Mode was introduced. It (v1.13) will install, boasting a functioning options dialog, but no clock. I've been so stressed about this man, I don't even know what time or day it is right now.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-12, 18:08

Ecks172 wrote: You say so? Simple Timer is the sole extension that hasn't regained functionality for me since Firefox Compatibility Mode was introduced. It (v1.13) will install, boasting a functioning options dialog, but no clock. I've been so stressed about this man, I don't even know what time or day it is right now.
"Firefox Compatibility Mode" is not in any way related to add-ons it is related to the user agent. adding the Firefox/X.x slice.

Did I not make a Pseudo-Static of this add-on? Poke the developer about direct Pale Moon support. Also I put making a temporary version near the top of my list of things to do.

[2054]

Unread post by [2054] » 2014-12-12, 22:42

Matt A Tobin wrote: "Firefox Compatibility Mode" is not in any way related to add-ons it is related to the user agent. adding the Firefox/X.x slice.

Did I not make a Pseudo-Static of this add-on? Poke the developer about direct Pale Moon support. Also I put making a temporary version near the top of my list of things to do.
I wonder why I thought it was related, then. Okay.
I did, actually, recently poke the developer in an E-mail. He said he has little time to work on add-ons and will only focus on Firefox right now. It's understandable.
...Did you not? I don't know. I only find it here here under "to be determined".

mikeysc

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-12-12, 23:34

I submitted a mod'ed one 2 months ago, based on older version, before we had the pseudo static rules to follow. It works fine for me. I could redo it by the PS rules but those "are going away" so it seems we should only be doing forks from here forward. So, is it fork worthy?