I LOVE PaleMoon 25. So much faster, no hicups. HAPPY!

General discussion and chat (archived)
chaosdivine

I LOVE PaleMoon 25. So much faster, no hicups. HAPPY!

Unread post by chaosdivine » 2014-10-10, 17:00

I don't wish to clog up the forum here with my post so feel free to moderate and put my post where you wish, but I am loving PaleMoon 25 and I want to say thank you! I can't tell you how much faster (snappier) it feels compared to 24.x.

I've had severe stuttering at times in all versions of PaleMoon since I started using it about 6-7 months ago (since I ditched Firefox 29 and the Australis fiasco). I've been lurking on here for a while now trying to find fixes and have even nuked my computer and started fresh doing selective/incremental addons but I found nothing helped...that is until today! The update to PaleMoon 25 has totally rejuvenated my browser. No more random stutters (severe lockups where the screen would go white and you'd get a spinning busy circle cursor for 5-10 seconds which would occur often). I can now save images faster without it taking forever (just seems to open the Explorer save window faster now and if a folder has a lot of images in it already, it's now instant rather than disk thrashing). Just overall response time has improved in my opinion. I was getting to the point where I was going to reluctantly try another browser version based on the open source code base but not anymore...this is my baby.

I know that the move to 25 is a significant milestone for PaleMoon and the hard work you've put in is noticeable and very much appreciated! THANK YOU! :clap: :thumbup: :D

dark_moon

Re: I LOVE PaleMoon 25. So much faster, no hicups. HAPPY!

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-10-10, 18:53

Welcome to the forum, chaosdivine!

Nice that you are like it! We like it too :D
And more and more users come to Pale Moon which is great :)

wildbill5891
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by wildbill5891 » 2014-10-10, 20:06

Yeah, PaleMoon 25 seems to run alot faster !

InS4N3

Unread post by InS4N3 » 2014-10-11, 03:43

It actually runs faster. But with 24.7.2 I have never had any of the issues you mentioned. I believe these were hardware related or a lack of proper windows set up.

treego14

Unread post by treego14 » 2014-10-16, 03:09

It does seem faster here and I notice no freezing as I did on a sparing occasion with versions prior to version 25.

nana2

Unread post by nana2 » 2014-10-16, 04:26

For me Pale Moon, since using it now for a few years, has always performed perfectly smooth and fast. Never any problems. Any questions I had about it were/are always answered professionally and in a friendly manner, unlike at mozillaZine. Since Oct. 10, 2014 PM has been flying, much faster for me than before. Kudos and a heartfelt thank you to Moonchild, Tobin and perhaps others who may have contributed to this awesome browser. I have all confidence it will stay this way.