Kudos to Pale Moon

General discussion and chat (archived)
Mike89

Kudos to Pale Moon

Unread post by Mike89 » 2014-09-22, 20:01

This wasn't even on my radar until I read a user comment in a Firefox related post (in a different forum) about the direction Firefox is going. Based on the user's comment, I decided to give Pale Moon a shot. Installed it and had a pleasant experience setting up everything to my liking. This browser is the way Firefox used to be focusing on user options and customization. A long time ago I had locked my Firefox to v22 cause I got fed up with losing options in each new version. Now I have my options and a new secure browser to boot! Pale Moon is now my default browser. God damn I'm stoked! Wish I would have found this earlier. Kudos to the Pale Moon dudes. 8-)

InS4N3

Re: Kudos to Pale Moon

Unread post by InS4N3 » 2014-09-25, 19:04

Yeah I know. Most people don't realise they have a more stable and useful gecko browser available for them, called Pale Moon. For example, my brother was using FF and every time I was visiting him to watch some T.V Series he was complaining about how much FF crashed when loading java and flash content, plugincontainer related issues. So I told him to switch to Pale Moon and so far he is impressed on how it haven't crashed at all. FF just doesn't work properly these days. I mean lack of features is something, but crashing once a day is awful.

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2014-09-25, 20:54

Mike89 wrote:God damn I'm stoked! Wish I would have found this earlier. Kudos to the Pale Moon dudes. 8-)
Absolutely! The most effective way to support Pale Moon is to tell about it to your friends and family. Ask'em if you can install it on their computers if they don't know how to, and help'em if they need something. Share this discovery of you in social networks in also a great idea! ;)

Oh, and remember there's a public beta of Pale Moon 25 for Android OS too [direct download].

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-25, 22:35

KNTRO wrote: Oh, and remember there's a public beta of Pale Moon 25 for Android OS too [direct download].
Don't install the beta on their computers namely because they will not be updated automatically and there may be a few bugs in it. That is unless you know they or you will manually update them.

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2014-09-25, 22:38

The public beta of Pale Moon 25 for Android will not be updated automatically either?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-25, 22:46

Only those versions obtained from the Play Store will be automatically updated on Android. Sideloaded installed Pale Moon versions are not updated automatically because you sideloaded it. (Though the playstore MAY take it over .. I am unclear about that) But no beta version has update packaging on any OS.

As an aside none of my 3rd party builds has update packaging either though I shall be resolving that once the addons site is operational.