Hatred At Mozilla Forums

General discussion and chat (archived)
lyceus

Re: Hatred At Mozilla Forums

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-08-26, 04:39

Night Wing wrote:I seriously doubt Mozilla's new or developing FirefoxOS for mobile will hardly make a dent against Google's Android mobile market share. Android is too well established and Google has much deeper pockets when it comes to money advertising.

In other words money wise, Mozilla is now the 80 pound chimpanzee going against Google which is now the 800 pound gorilla.
I haven't see any Mozilla FirefoxOS phone despite the godzilla company Telcel annouced that it will support it. I think is too little, too late for see another rival to Android or iOS. Look at Blackberry, is a wasteland now with hoax and oboslete apps. Few developers will jump in Mozilla boat until they see some millions of phones sold. So the risk that this toy becomes the new Nokia Space Taco N-Gadget is very high.

In topic: Maybe you need to seek other places for talk about Pale Moon guys, Mozilla would happily stop Moonchild to fork their flawed browser if they weren't release it as open source. This fandom-hell looks more for Linux, Oracle or Microsoft sites. What you learn to be a moderator is that you are like a referee in a box match, people will yell at your decisions if they are insane. Or respect you if you are fair. And the admins in MozillaZine lost all my respect, ever.

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2014-08-27, 00:05

OK so if MozillaZine and Mozilla Corp are entirely different parties, then what are Loud Noise and his buddies afraid of? Why are x64 browsers and Pale Moon a threat to them? Can anyone explain this to me?

mikeysc

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-08-27, 00:29

I can't. The discrimination factor there never made any sense to me. I'd like to see SeaMonkey get a separate site for it's support forum ASAP, like maybe the Project page site. There is some good info at the MozZ site but it's best if you just read (although a lot of it is outdated).

EDIT: Actually, from what I remember from several years ago, I think it is based on the site owner's personal interests, or former interests, as I understand he no longer cares much about the topics as long as the forum is up and running.

Trippynet
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trippynet » 2014-08-27, 07:33

My guess is that they (ie, LoudNoise and a few notable others) are the typical Mozilla fanboys. Anything that isn't official Mozilla (regardless of whether Mozilla code powers the rendering engines and whatnot) is considered a none-Mozilla product and is scorned and avoided. I think they grudgingly allow certain 3rd party builds that are still 99.9% Firefox, however PM has diverged to a point that it's increasingly different from current Mozilla builds of Firefox. It's also gaining momentum in the wake of Australis, hence why it's considered a threat to them.

Daft IMO, but there you go.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-08-27, 11:35

mikeysc wrote:EDIT: Actually, from what I remember from several years ago, I think it is based on the site owner's personal interests, or former interests, as I understand he no longer cares much about the topics as long as the forum is up and running.
Off-topic:
This may or may not be offtopic, but I'm playing it safe.

The site owner of Mozillazine is Jason Kersey. And if I'm not mistaken, I "think" he used to be employed by Mozilla, but now he is employed by Google.

http://stats.nerdydata.com/forums.mozillazine.org
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Parsifal

Unread post by Parsifal » 2014-08-27, 12:55

Trippynet wrote:My guess is that they (ie, LoudNoise and a few notable others) are the typical Mozilla fanboys. Anything that isn't official Mozilla (regardless of whether Mozilla code powers the rendering engines and whatnot) is considered a none-Mozilla product and is scorned and avoided. I think they grudgingly allow certain 3rd party builds that are still 99.9% Firefox, however PM has diverged to a point that it's increasingly different from current Mozilla builds of Firefox. It's also gaining momentum in the wake of Australis, hence why it's considered a threat to them.

Daft IMO, but there you go.
You know what is said of loud and aggressive persons : avoid them, they are vexations to the spirit.
Also, in a more charitable way, they are unhappy.

One can disagree, even be revolted without himself slamming the door, as well as have it slammed once he got kicked out. Closing a debate is the last alternative and should be employed only when it is absolutely obvious that there is no dialogue possible. Closing as Mozillazine does, or at least as some of its less worthy admins do is just not civilized on the basis of the reason they advance, that is an empty argument.

If they're so unhappy why don't they just join the Pale Moon band? Ain't we happy here, ladies & gentlemen? :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-27, 14:54

Parsifal wrote:If they're so unhappy why don't they just join the Pale Moon band?
To be frank I hope they never set foot here. But if they do, and behave themselves in a civilized manner (unlike some of the more recent trolling), then they are just as welcome as anyone else. I like to think we run a fair forum.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Parsifal

Unread post by Parsifal » 2014-08-27, 15:42

Moonchild wrote:
Parsifal wrote:If they're so unhappy why don't they just join the Pale Moon band?
To be frank I hope they never set foot here. But if they do, and behave themselves in a civilized manner (unlike some of the more recent trolling), then they are just as welcome as anyone else. I like to think we run a fair forum.
In fact came to my mind I had been presumably not the right person to print such an invitation. It wasn't meant to be formal!

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2014-08-27, 17:24

Parsifal wrote:
Moonchild wrote:
In fact came to my mind I had been presumably not the right person to print such an invitation. It wasn't meant to be formal!

Here, Here to being a fun and fair group. I have loved a number of computer software products in my lifetime (notably OS/2, Windows 2000 and Windows XP x64 Edition). Now I add SeaMonkey and Pale Moon to that list. I always like supporting what I stand behind.

Parsifal

Unread post by Parsifal » 2014-08-27, 17:29

JodyThornton wrote:Here, Here to being a fun and fair group. I have loved a number of computer software products in my lifetime (notably OS/2, Windows 2000 and Windows XP x64 Edition). Now I add SeaMonkey and Pale Moon to that list. I always like supporting what I stand behind.
That' a nice way of saying things. Hi, Jody :)

Jonguy30

Unread post by Jonguy30 » 2014-08-27, 18:24

Moonchild wrote:
Let's hope that KenGreeb's (that one troll you took care of..) "squad" won't show up, and that there won't be another trolling "incident"!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-27, 22:21

I'm sure the moderators will take care of any attempted further trolling.
The forum has plenty of tools in place to help with that, like a one click ban button, initial post vetting, user flagging, IP search facilities, standard blocks for throwaway e-mail domains, etc.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by cartel » 2014-09-03, 17:25

JodyThornton wrote:Look at the last two posts. I felt that I was clear, and not disruptive in the least bit whatsoever.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p13731197

Loud Noise (appropriate name) proceeds to call me a whiner, and locks the thread. What is it that he and his cronies afraid of? What is going on there? What did Moonchild ever do wrong to Mozilla? Sorry, but I hate when people develop an agenda.

Well in another thread, where I brought up Pale Moon, I gave those jerks a peace of my mind and walked away. I just don't understand it at all.

Anyway, I'm glad for Pale Moon, and hope for it's bright future.
Wow what a bunch of.....be nice....jerks!
ImageImage

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-09-03, 17:52

I think it's mainly concerning their prediction Pale Moon would fold right after Pale Moon was released in late 2009. Now it's 2014 (5 years later and counting) and that "fold prediction" still hasn't come true. Since Pale Moon hasn't folded, to them, I think it's just like a "festering old wound that just won't heal" and it irritates them to no end. ;)
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2014-09-03, 17:58

I don't know, but we are only getting to them in an aggravating manner.
Since they are independent of Mozilla, nothing we can do about it.

Improvements galore, though. Palemoon keeps improving, let's work with that. :)

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-09-04, 05:14

Night Wing wrote:I think it's mainly concerning their prediction Pale Moon would fold right after Pale Moon was released in late 2009. Now it's 2014 (5 years later and counting) and that "fold prediction" still hasn't come true. Since Pale Moon hasn't folded, to them, I think it's just like a "festering old wound that just won't heal" and it irritates them to no end. ;)
We need a "like" and +1 or else for posts like this one. :mrgreen:

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-09-04, 13:43

lobocursor wrote:
Night Wing wrote:I think it's mainly concerning their prediction Pale Moon would fold right after Pale Moon was released in late 2009. Now it's 2014 (5 years later and counting) and that "fold prediction" still hasn't come true. Since Pale Moon hasn't folded, to them, I think it's just like a "festering old wound that just won't heal" and it irritates them to no end. ;)
A classic case over there of the "know it alls who really don't know it all". ;)

Parsifal

Unread post by Parsifal » 2014-09-04, 13:47

lobocursor wrote:
My approval is increasing hatred after hatred!

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-09-07, 03:51

I knew the folks at Mozillazine where obnoxious as is, but this takes the top! Forking Mozilla software is supposedly endorsed by the company, apparently even then it strikes a nerve in these people. Therefore resulting in the PM community being marked as "Whining, fanatical trolls". How about putting it this way: We're all using software powered by Mozilla and depend on their source code for every day use, we're all appreciative to the philosophy of open source. Why so much hatred? Wouldn't that make them the fanboys here? If I understand correctly, a fanatic goes out of there way to show excessive support to their party, even if doing so goes against logic or fact. In that case calling somebody a whiny fanboy for wanting to support another project due to desired needs and feature sets, well you got yourself a pretty massive fanboy there in denial. I don't hate Firefox, I simply prefer Pale Moon. Plain and simple. The whole moral role, or at least the way MZ is supposed to/"should" operate is user support and development discussion regarding Mozilla software and it's variations. A very professional and clean concept. Apparently if you go against their whitelist, your automatically marked as a fanboy. Don't they show us how to NOT embrace professionalism? Way to go Mozillazine :thumbup:
To think these people are representing a corporation -_-

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-07, 03:55

11ryanc wrote:Apparently if you go against their whitelist, your automatically marked as a fanboy. Don't they show us how to NOT embrace professionalism? Way to go Mozillazine :thumbup:
Being marked as a "fanboy" is the LEAST of the consequences, I assure you.. More on that later :wtf: