Pale Moon testimonials

General discussion and chat (archived)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon testimonials

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-08, 11:34

Since it seems a waste to not make testimonials public that didn't make it to the main website (I need to be selective there), I've created this thread where I will relay testimonials about Pale Moon that people have sent me through the website feedback. People took the time and effort to write it, so if acceptable for the general public, there shouldn't be a reason not to make it public with credit.

Template:

Code: Select all

[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Location: [/b]
[b]Pale Moon version: [/b]
[b]Testimonial:[/b]
[quote]{text}[/quote]
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon testimonials

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-08, 11:37

Name: Rob Gutsell
Pale Moon version: 24.5.0
Testimonial:
I've been using IE 11, Chrome and Firefox for a long time now. The reason I used all three browsers is because I would get frustrated with each of them.

But, today (May 6th,2014) I discovered Pale Moon. And, let me tell you, it is the fastest, best looking and safest browser that I have ever used. It uses so much less RAM than the other bloated browsers.

I'll be using Pale Moon as my default browser from now on and I will be doing something that I have never done before and that is to make a $5 donation to you guys! LOL!

Keep up the good work!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-08, 11:38

Name: LG
Testimonial:
Just another in a long line of Firefox users, who found you to replace FF29. The switch was so easy! Thank you- now I'm back to working again with no learning curve at all! No fussing with themes or tabs or about config! Expect more users as I just recommended Pale Moon on a site I frequent. :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-08, 11:39

Name: Ion Radu
Testimonial:
I have been a Firefox user since there was no Firefox, untill well... yesterday. It was just called Mozilla back then. And before that I used Netscape and Opera (Opera is just as old as IE btw.)
Since Firefox 2.0 I have been fighting interface changes and this new Australis thing is just awful, a prime example of featuritis and less customizable than older versions despite what they claim.
Don't the developers have anything better to do like improve speed and security rather than play with an interface that was already good and didn't need any changes since 1.0?

We need browsers to browse not steal our precious time.

Thank you Pale Moon.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-08, 11:41

Name: Stan
Testimonial:
Firefox in the post 3.xx period has seen a raft of seemingly arbitrary UI changes. I moved to SeaMonkey during this period, and it works the way I want. I kept Firefox installed on my computers for various reasons until Firefox 29 arrived. Oh dear, what were they (Mozilla) thinking?

I have installed PaleMoon on a Windows machine I am using and it does everything it says on the tin. I don't even have to install Status4Evar to get a fixed/permanent status bar. Brilliant! All the add-ons I used with Firefox work fine with PaleMoon.

Keep up the good work!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-10, 00:39

Name: Jason P.
Testimonial:
Think I've been using Firefox for about a decade, and had a few frustrations with some design changes. I dealt with it, chalking it up to minor inconveniences, until this version 29 trash. The UI... They might as well have gutted and re-arranged the dash board of my car without notice. I don't like having to acclimate to changes I never wanted. Since you, fine sir, seem to have no problem leaving my browser buttons the hell alone... You have earned a loyal convert. Just had to tell you cheers for Pale Moon and keeping a more sensible UI. Keep up the good work!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-11, 23:42

Name: Joe Swagerty
Testimonial:
Like many other disenchanted Firefox users, I was looking for a new browser that didn't copy Chrome. I personally loved the old Firefox, but the new change in ver. 29 killed it for me.

I saw some reviews of the new version of Firefox, and they were all negative, but one person mentioned Pale Moon as an alternative. I decided to give it a shot, and boy am I happy that I did! This is EXACTLY the browser I was looking for (no, no Jedi influenced me). The most awesome thing was the profile import program that imported EVERYTHING from Firefail, including all my open tabs (31 of them), bookmarks, form data, etc.

I am so happy with Pale Moon I have set it as my default browser. If it continues to make me as happy as it has so far, I will be uninstalling Firefox sometime in the very near future! Good riddance!!

Thank you for making such an AWESOME browser!!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-11, 23:43

Name: Kaliri
Testimonial:
Like many people, I came to Pale Moon in the wake of Firefox 29. What was meant to be a relaxing Friday evening was instead spent roaming the Internet; trying to learn what in the world had happened after I updated Firefox and received this monstrosity in its place; and trying to fix it. But even the recommended add-ons didn't restore full functionality.

During my Internet searches, I found a lot of people recommending a Firefox fork called Pale Moon. By Saturday, I was at the end of my tether with FF29 and decided to give Pale Moon a try. The clouds lifted, the sun shone, birds sang -- and, most importantly, I was able to have a calm, functional Web browser again, and move on with my life. Thank you, Pale Moon!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-12, 17:02

Name: Richard G.
Testimonial:
This isn't really a testimonial, although it could be used as one. I just wanted to find somewhere I could say thank you for your hard work on this project.

I am using the Linux version of Pale Moon as linked from your site and it seems to me, after only a couple of days use, to be Firefox as if the developers were still following the original mission for the browser. Fast, light and without bloat.

It was Firefox 29 that finally drove me to seek an alternative and a recommendation from a trusted forum member led me here.

I shall be evangalising Pale Moon to both my Windows and Linux using friends.

Once again, thank you.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-12, 21:08

Name: Lynx
Testimonial:
Came across your programm when reading in a forum where all complained the new(?) secure (?) and fast(?) Firefox releases (esp. THAT release29)....
One guy mentioned PaleMoon as simple, not overloaded fast and it was described as an easy-to-rely-on browser.
All I can say is: Congratulations, all is perfectly and well done;
configuration stuff no problem at all, even when I didn't close FF and PaleMoon when migrating. Do so and the migration works in every way.
Just do YOUR work as perfect and satisfying as it is for the user,
as far as I'm concerned, you got a new enthusiast PaleMoon as standard.
Best wishes and THANK YOU (!)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-17, 13:48

Name: Slade R. Jefferson
Testimonial:
Hello all you folks that have worked so hard on this new browser. I have to say (and really I'm shouting)....."GREAT GOING"!!!! I got my start on a TI 994a way back when. Wrote my first program in "basic". My goodness how things have changed.

Just wanted to say I much I really like your latest browser "Pale Moon". If it were any better I couldn't take it. Keep up the fabulous work and take care.

An "old man" who still taps on the keyboard.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-17, 13:51

Name: Peter Windome
Testimonial:
I have been a dedicated Firefox user for decades.

The initial motivation behind my trying the Pale Moon browser was to protest the outrageous treatment of Mozilla's (Firefox) CEO and co-founder, Brendan Eich.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam in many online forums and newsgroups so there is no need to beat a dead horse here.

Suffice to say Mozilla's hypocrisy is untenable regardless of your opinion on the definition of marriage. Intelligent people holding either opinion on this topic have declared Mozilla's actions cowardly and self serving...enough said.

I wasn't looking forward to switching browsers as I hated having to use a Explorer even to download drivers/updates for my Intel motherboard. I realize that might seem petty, and perhaps it is, but I hate being forced to do anything!

What a pleasant surprise it has been to migrate to the Pale Moon browser! Everything I need and use runs as or more smoothly and quickly than it did on "Firefix".

I don't write code and understand very little about the inner workings of software. I've read that much of what makes Pale Moon tick is derived from the same base as FF, so it makes sense that the transition would be fairly painless. About the only thing I miss is the "Classic Compact" theme and it's options but it doesn't work with FF 29 anyway.

As a great (better?) alternative I find I'm really liking the simple, contrasting "Black Leather" theme with Pale Moon. I can say in all honesty I wish I had known about the Pale Moon browser sooner.

It's nice when something negative can be turned around and used towards a positive end. I'm sure Brendan Eich would agree and I wish him the best in all his future endeavors.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-17, 13:53

Name: Emad Ramlawi
Testimonial:
Pale Moon is browser made by one us, a Human and not a corporation, that believes in the power of choice.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-17, 13:55

Name: Nicole Ramussen
Testimonial:
I have been using Firefox for a long long time from early betas. I remember the forum discussions about the now current logo. I use Chrome every now and then but I always went back to Firefox...until now.

Like many others my last straw was the latest update to version 29.

I am so glad I found Pale Moon. I was desperately searching for a Firefox alternative and am glad I found it! When you spend years using certain extensions and having things set up just so, it is very upsetting to see it all disappear when you turn on your computer one day.

Thank you Pale Moon developer! I also love the portable version and use that when I am out and about.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-18, 17:40

Name: Dave Casey
Testimonial:
Used Firefox for so many years I cannot remember. Most improvements over the years were exactly that,and the minor changes made were easy to learn or navigate..(Until this FF29 debacle that has turned the top browser into a Chrome wannabe that is!)..In desperation, I searched for answers on the internet and all paths led to Pale Moon..In less than 10 minutes with the help of the PM migration tool, I had my profile, passwords, add-ons & years of tweaks installed into what is NOW my default browser...EXCELLENT job people....thank you..thank you..THANK YOU!!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-29, 23:43

Name: Ken Fields
Testimonial:
Firefox was a breath of fresh air after Internet Explorer but the "improvements" have made it sluggish, irritating and frustrating. I'd seen several references to Pale Moon so I downloaded and installed. Oh Joy! The migration tool worked fine and I'm finding the web pages from my favourites are loading so much faster.
As the old saying has it :"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Thank you very much.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-29, 23:45

Name: Mike Morris
Testimonial:
Just want to say thank you for the Pale Moon browser. After years of being a faithful Firefox user and putting up with incremental irritating changes 29 was the last straw.

I saw Pale Moon, downloaded it and what a pleasure it was to use. To anyone who is thinking of changing from FF my recommendation is do it now. Pale Moon (PM) is exactly what I want in a browser. The PM obviously understands what is needed.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-06-07, 08:22

Name: Jorge M.
Pale Moon version: 24.6.0
Testimonial:
I recently starting using Pale Moon after FF decided to go with there CHROME interface, which is very frustrating as a Firefox user.
I actually found Pale Moon in a forum, Since then OMG Palemoon is awesome and very stable.

It does load faster then FF and I have already recommended this browser to my family and a couple friends :) to the developer, keep doing a great job with PaleMoon and remember simplicity is the key!!!!!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-06-14, 00:11

Name: Targ Solley
Pale Moon version: 24.6.1
Can't thank you enough - absolutely in love with Pale Moon. I've been using it about a month now, and just installed FossaMail today. Like so many others I got sick of the totalitarian hag Mozilla has become with their God-complex, one size fits no-one agenda.

I installed Pale Moon and started going through the options trying to get things as close as I could to how I wanted them. Well, I got everything exactly how and where I wanted them, and it's almost completely different from the stock install. Seriously, the only thing more I could want would be an option to keep the Find bar always open, both upon launch and across all tabs. In fact a Find tool that could be dragged to the Status bar would be even better.

Add-ons are another improvement, or rather the lack of add-ons needed. I needed so many on Firefox, just to get it usable, it was even more bloated and wobbly than it normally is. All I added back on to Pale Moon was ABP and Video Downloader. Compatability is another surprise. I know it was supposed to be focused on speed and stability, but there are some sites that Firefox could never handle, that somehow display fine in PM.

I didn't have to do anything with FossaMail. Installed it and there was everything I wanted, including a menu bar right under the title bar where it belongs. Couldn't be happier right now, thanks again.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-06-16, 20:52

Name: White_sama
Pale Moon version: 24.6.0
One day I booted up Firefox, and to my horror, I found that I had downloaded Chrome by mistake... And then I realized that it was an "update"!

Pale Moon helped me to get around this problem and I haven't looked back since. It runs better than the new Firefox and looks WAY better too.

Probably the best since the original Firefox.