Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon testimonials

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-06-19, 19:29

Name: Peter
Pale Moon version: 24.6.2
Testimonial:
About Pale Moon I heard by chance, it was in the time when I was very disappointed with Chrome-like look of Firefox 29.
I was decided to stay on version 28 or wait for suitable add-on for Australis to break that ugly look.
I complained on some forums, but I was accused of being lazy learning new things. Maybe I am, but I am quite conservative and I hate Australis at all. I tried Classic Theme Restorer add-on, but it did not solve all of the things that Mozzila ruined.
Now, with Pale Moon, with all my favourite add-ons and with transfered settings from FF, I reached exactly the same state I get used in the past with FF.
I know, Google pay very well Mozzila, they want to eliminate other competitors like Opera & FF to be No.1 for good, so I very, very thank you for being independent and doing right things you do.
Thank you for your great work!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-07, 08:01

Name: Asok Asus
Testimonial:
I’ve just been FED UP with FF because of all of the memory leaks, etc. I've been running v16 forever because whenever I’ve tried to upgrade to newer versions, they’d all pretty much just crash after 30 minutes of heavy use, and not a single version of FF that I’ve ever used has ever fixed the memory leak problems. Not a single one.

I actually installed a tiny batch file on quicklaunch so I could quickly kill FF at the point it’s consumed all of my RAM so I could then start over with “Restore Session” to automatically reload all of my previous tabs. After trying every “solution” to the leak problem, that’s the only one that ever did me any good. Apparently the arrogant tards at mozilla would rather tweak the UI to death rather than make a browser that actually works. They’re worse than even Microsoft because Microsoft has to listen to their customers sooner or later or go broke, whereas nonprofits can just drift along forever.

At any rate, I just finished installing PM, including importing everything from FF with their little importer program, and everything went flawlessly, including all settings and the plethora of add-ons I use. The only difficulty was getting roboform attached, which I can’t live without. I did finally dumb around and got the roboform taskbar program to attach roboform to PM, which then worked flawlessly. It is, however, necessary for the roboform taskbar program to run all the time for roboform to continue to work on PM, but this is a very small price to pay to ditch FF forever.

I've used PM for a week now, opening/closing/keeping hundreds of tabs a day, and I’ve been stunned at how much faster PM is than FF, as well as the VERY small memory footprint occupied by PM vs FF. Even after a week's HEAVY usage, PM has not grown beyond 1 GB, and even better, when I close tabs, ALL of the RAM is given back.

Basically, PM is what FF ought to be. Even better, the genius behind Pale Moon, Mark Straver, has committed to keeping the PM UI fundamentally unmolested. I’ll be installing PM instead of FF on all of my client’s computers in the future as well!

BTW, ALL of the "recommended fixes" for the firefox memory leak problems are a sick joke. Not one of them works. And plugins DO NOT cause the memory leaks! Firefox does! How do I know? Because I switched to Pale Moon, importing everything EXACTLY like it was in Firefox and guess what? No memory leaks in Pale Moon! Oh, and I use Adblock Plus, Flash, Java, DoNotTrackMe, BetterPrivacy CookieCuller, DownloadHelper, Element Hiding Helper, IE View, ViewAbout, Visited, and roboform. So NONE of those is causing the firefox memory leak problems!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-26, 19:45

Name: Therese
Testimonial:
I almost cried when I saw the new Firefox layout. I have Asperger syndrome, which means sudden, large changes can really upset me. Those with classic autism have it even worse and I can't even imagine what they must be going through.

Thank you so much for making Pale Moon. If an 'aspie' like me opts for a new browser instead of updating the one that she is currently using.... well, they are probably having snowballfights in hell right now.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-26, 19:47

Name: Dann Webb
Testimonial:
How lucky I feel that I found this browser, and how grateful I am to the developers for keeping it going. It's just what Firefox used to be before they screwed it up.
Thank you!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-05, 19:09

Name: Van Grube
Pale Moon version: 24.7.0
Testimonial:
I have just started using Pale Moon but it is an awesome browser.
It is the only browser that allows me to download at the speed allotted to me by Comcast at my tier, being 20 MegaBytes per second! Usually I got 1.5 to3 MB/sec. With Pale Moon I average 10 MB/s and normally run up to about 18 megs per second! That is a gigabyte in about a minute!

I really wanted to thank you for your excellent work. I am still looking around the site to find out even mmore great things I can do with Pale Moon.
THANK YOU!!!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-24, 09:45

Name: del
Pale Moon version: unknown (posted with Firefox 28.0)
Testimonial:
Looks same as everyone else is saying after many years with firefox, there came the austalisapocalipse , total nightmare , if i wanted chrome, i would use it !
after web serch and found pale moon installed on windows, gave it a good work out and now several pale moons later, i installed on all my PC and linux mint, its smooth , faster leaner meaner, no probs with addons or any thing, just works, firefox is now defunct !, I used to install firefox by default on all machines i worked on, now i use pale moon and recommend it over firefox austalisapocalipse. Thank you so much for a much better browser, much appreciated

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-19, 13:20

Name: Zet
Pale Moon version: 24.7.0
Testimonial:
I just really feel like I should thank you for saving me a heart attack.

After foolishly updating my Mozilla browser... Everything was messed up and nothing was working anymore and I was legit freaking out because the sudden dread of potentially loosing all my bookmarks, meticulously adjusted add-ons and just... Everything. Horror.

Palemoon simply adopted everything, popped up and... Works. Everything is there, nothing needs to be recollected, and it all works.

Thanks for that and... Pleas stay that way. Many people actually use their statusbar and wish to keep their tabs on bottom, clickable and closable and simple. I fail to see why other browsers make it more and more bothersome to actually use them.

So... For now, you saved my life. Thanks for that and hopefully you stay that awesome~

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-19, 13:22

Name: Paul
Pale Moon version: 24.7.1
Testimonial:
Thank you for making Pale Moon. I use it every day, and it was when I was telling someone on a forum about it I realised I have never thanked the creators of it for providing me with a really valuable piece of software. I didnt like the way Firefox was heading and, though I still love the fact that Firefox exists, I have completely switched to Pale Moon. Anyway to cut a long story short:
Thank you, thank you very much, for making a great browsing experience. Oh one last thing. I love ricing my desktop to make it look great and firefox just doesnt allow me to do that. Pale moon is the perfect browser for themers and those who use alternative shells

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-19, 13:23

Name: Jim
Testimonial:
I've been using Firefox in one form or another for like maybe almost 20 years... of course it wasn't Firefox way back then, it started out as "Mosaic", then went to Netscape, etc. and progressed from there with the AOL buyout.
I've never been a fan of any Firefox variants until now... in fact the last one I used years ago was "Flock" and I didn't really like it. Felt a bit Clunky.
Which brings me to the subject at hand.
I have Windows on my Mac using Parallels, and I can't remember how I found out about Palemoon (I was just cruising around) and decided to give it a try.
I had Firefox installed on the Parallels 'partition' and got rid of that (also felt clunky) and installed Waterfox... BIG improvement, but no cigar.
Haven't made any about:config setting changes to Palemoon on Windows yet, nor have I made any on my Mac.
I did, however check just one setting so far in about:config on Palemoon on both Windows and Mac, and I typed "prefetch" into the field and what do you know... it's set just as I would.

I'll get involved with your beta group because right now I'm using Yosemite Beta 2, so let's see what happens.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-19, 13:25

Name: Sami Chori
Testimonial:
Dear Moonchild,

Before using Pale Moon, I was using Firefox. I have always loved the Gecko engine, but over the years FF was removing some very nifty features, and ultimately switched to the Australis engine which I completely loathe. When that happened, some addons/themes would not work at all.

Pale Moon never deviated from the awesomeness and power of the Gecko engine which had things that FF and Chrome did not possess. I wanted to find a similar browser pre-Australis engine, and I when I found it, it was when I found your browser <3

Also, Pale Moon's addons correctly work, whereas on FF those same addons are still compatible, yet doesn't do their expected job. Pale Moon has never let me down ever since I started using it. I will never switch browsers as long as it uses the best engine out there: the Gecko engine!

As a web developer, your browser is the best out there - it works perfectly! Sure, the other browsers have some features that allows web developers to check their coding using both addons and built in features for web developers. However, they do NOT compare to Pale Moon and the Gecko engine.

Whenever I use PaleMoon, it reminds me of the time I spent debugging my coding using FF. At that time, it had the addons and the built in features, but now even FF got rid of specific debugging features. Only Pale Moon has kept those amazing features intact! I could not be more grateful that a developer understood how important it was to keep those features intact. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! <3

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-19, 13:26

Name: Charles
Testimonial:
I love this browser, other than the Firefox locking up my whole system bug due to the hardware acceleration being enabled or screwed with somehow due to it not interacting with my video drivers and playing nicely.

Pale Moon is what I switched to long ago due to the main Firefox UI being a constant Chrome wannabe. I want a browser not a carved down moronic memory leak. You provide that quite well.

Thank you!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-19, 13:29

Name: Lucio Chiapetti
Pale Moon version: 24.7.2
Testimonial:
After several years of happy Firefox usage, two weeks ago I by mistake clicked "update" and found myself projected from Firefox 28 to the appalling world of Australis Firefox 31. I promptly reverted back, did a quick web search and learned about Pale Moon.

Today I did a thorough test of customization with Firefox 31 (where I could NOT get what I liked), and an attempt of installation of Pale Moon. I quickly overcome the few technical difficulties (of which I would report on the forum) and got EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

So good bye Firefox, and welcome and thanks to Pale Moon and its people!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-18, 19:35

Name: amotrax
Pale Moon version: 25.0.1
Testimonial:
Hello :)
I'm very happy about Pale Moon !
Since firefox 29 with it's ●●●● and ugly autralis UI i was very angry against firefox ! Yes i realy hate australis UI. I used firefox 24 ESR for not having australis ●●●● udpate. Now FF24 esr is updated with 31 esr who is autralis nightmare !!! So i try on google "Firefox without australis" and "tada" i found PALE MOON ! Alleluia AMEN !!! God bless you ! I so happy now with your browser! I use it on Windows XP 64 and 32 OS i prefer it than Windows 7...
Also i'm happy to boycott Mozilla because some "societal Marxist" pro-gay fired the boss because he give 1000$ do a association who are against the homo-parental marriage. No freedom, no democracy, no free-speech at Mozilla, no freedom of thought, so ●●●● Mozilla Firefox !

Kisses to you, long life to Pale Moon :)
(censored for strong language)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-18, 19:38

Name: Steve C.
Testimonial:
THANK YOU for Pale Moon! The speed and customisability pioneered by Firefox are right back, and that's very good news as Mozilla have been losing the plot for ages, bloating and forcing their weird "features" on us.

I've had Pale Moon running (completely uneventfully) on a 32-bit XP machine for some months, and was delighted to discover that you now include a Linux version - the PM I'm typing this on (24.7.2) is running perfectly on Mint 16 64-bit and helping to make my transition from Windows to the "free world" very easy. (Note to anyone wondering why PM isn't in the repositories: it doesn't seem to need to be - this one installed perfectly first time from the PM installer.)

The nearest I can get to a complaint is that you don't make a version (Dark Moon? Old Moon?) which I can use on my more ancient machines (pre-SSE2). But then, it would be churlish to complain when you've put the pleasure back into my surfing. From now on, I'm aiming at the Moon, and recommend everyone to do the same.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-18, 19:40

Name: Steve
Testimonial:
HI i would like to say thanks to the Pale Moon team for making a great linux version of the browser works great easy to install

i have always used Pale Moon on windows OS now its on linux FANTASTIC thanks folks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-20, 17:08

Name: Logic Computers Ltd.
Pale Moon version: 25.1.0
Testimonial:
Great Stuff.

Best browser:
  • faster than Nightly64 and Chromium64, which are fast
  • cleaner, more predictable, more certain than Chromium64
  • more stable RAM than Chromium64 when I have ~30 browser windows open, many with 5~10 tabs open for many days; stabilises ~1GB RAM, whereas Chromium64 runs away with leaks even though only 5 windows with 5 tabs; Nightly64 also runs away with leaks somewhat after a few days
  • IE11-64 passable but no longer "standard" for me
  • Opera has been quirky on turbo in the past; displays my php db app not quite correctly in some places
  • Safari? Forget it!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-23, 18:42

Name: ashdav
Testimonial:
I've been using Palemoon in various forms (Windows,Linux and recently Android) for a couple of years and have managed to convert a few others to the fold.

Also been trying to promote on the net, e.g. http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1 ... al_report/

Keep up the good work!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-25, 00:10

Name: Sheridan
Testimonial:
I felt inspired to write just to say, from my point of view, how excellent and important Pale Moon is to the Web and to seasoned users everywhere!

I am an OEM system builder focused on AMD's Fusion product line (A8 & A10 APU mixed with Asus & MSI A88 series Mobos). I do a little over 100 systems per year and every system features Pale Moon x64 on every system, front and center. My user feedback is so very positive with more than half my several thousand users preferring Pale Moon over Firefox, Waterfox, Cyberfox or Comodo Dragon (all of these are also provided).
I equip Pale Moon with the "Moments of Tranquility" skin (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ty/?src=ss), Startpage.com (default HTTPS search)Ghostery, Webutation, WoT and Lastpass, all config'd for maximum, safe use.

The entire user experience is elegant, fast and consistently stable...

I can't express enough what a awesome job you've all done and continue to do! Much appreciation!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-25, 00:11

Name: Handy
Testimonial:
I just today stumbled upon this beautiful little gem of a browser after putting a dent in my wall from my head after dealing with the latest Firefox browser updates. It has allowed me to use my browser the way it used to be and for that I cannot say thank you enough. For you work and labors. Keep up the great work :)

Handy

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-25, 00:14

Name: Terrence Greene
Pale Moon version: 25.0.2
Testimonial:
I love Pale Moon it is way faster and uses less memory and I could not be more happy! Keep up the great work!