What I don't understand: FF25 vs PaleMoon

General discussion and chat (archived)
MarieJoe

What I don't understand: FF25 vs PaleMoon

Unread post by MarieJoe » 2013-11-08, 14:45

FF was my default browser for many years.
In fact, when I installed my new HD, I didn't even activiate IE :crazy:

I loved my addons, even when they bogged down performance.
With the install of FF25, several of my addons stopped working and/or disappeared.

So, someone told me about WaterFox, but I have a 32-bit machine...and found out about PaleMoon in a review of WaterFox on CNET....so here I am.
And, here I'll stay as long as this browser works like it does now :D :clap:

I migrated my FF profile to PM...and everything works, all my addons...speed is vastly improved....it's a wonderful thing.
I've made it my default browser.
Not to bash FF: but what happened?
Why are addons like TabMixPlus and SuperTabMode not working?

JBGood

Re: What I don't understand: FF25 vs PaleMoon

Unread post by JBGood » 2013-11-08, 16:15

My welcome to Pale Moon, MarieJoe :thumbup:
I happened to discover this browser as well, not so long ago. It is indeed a nice piece of software. And whatever the question, the forum is alive!
Have a nice time and wonderful surfs :D

MarieJoe

Unread post by MarieJoe » 2013-11-08, 17:14

JBGood wrote:My welcome to Pale Moon, MarieJoe :thumbup:
Have a nice time and wonderful surfs :D
Thanks much!!

Yeah, I love the performance so far.
It will take a little adjustment...and I'm looking forward to finally taking the plunge and getting a browser-to-go: the PaleMoon portable looks to easy to pass up!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2013-11-09, 05:23

MarieJoe wrote:Not to bash FF: but what happened?
Why are addons like TabMixPlus and SuperTabMode not working?
The main trouble is that Firefox is trying to force users to have a "tablet" experience, like happened with windows 8/8.1. They want to remove all the tabs, UI, and other things that made sense in a browser for this experience (the dreaded Australis UI). Instead to go facebook, they expect that you download a facebook app for firefox and use it as a monolotic app like happens in Android and iOS. So for acheive this they want that users stop to browse as they do and use the "new" experience.

We don't think that is the way to surf the internet. We don't want to surf the internet like this. Hence Pale Moon born as the goal to keep a browser as a browser. Add your favorite add-ons and use the internet as you like, not as someone else likes.

See'you! :wave:
Lobocursor

greeman

Unread post by greeman » 2013-11-10, 18:02

I just now "upgraded" from Firefox 25 to Pale Moon. So far it is a great experience, faster and the latest version of Adobe Flash works without crashing. On the Firefox forum they said the Flash crashing was an Adobe problem, but not here? Anyway, hope things continue to be as good as I see them so far.