Firefox on Android?

General discussion and chat (archived)
Rohugh

Firefox on Android?

Unread post by Rohugh » 2013-08-07, 21:10

I am looking for advice in using the Firefox browser on Android.

At the moment I use the Samsung browser (imo better than the G Chrome browser for android) as it is fast and efficient and will sync with Google Chrome on my desktop but I rarely use Chrome so my bookmarks get dated and I have the occasional hassle of having to renew them. If I switch to Firefox I can sync with my desktop Pale Moon bookmarks etc. Looking through Google for reviews etc. gives a variance of results - so guys, comments and thoughts?

Outcast

Re: Firefox on Android?

Unread post by Outcast » 2013-08-09, 15:15

Yes, Firefox on Android will sync with Palemoon.

Palemoon sync is actually Firefox sync anyway.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2013-08-09, 16:13

Thanks, although I didn't ask that as I was already aware and the reason for considering using Firefox Mobile browser.

However, I tried it last night and wasn't very impressed at all, the bookmarks were hard to work with and it didn't seem very easy to use. I will stick with the native browser and put up with having Chrome on my desktop - although it will rarely get used, only to keep the bookmarks I want to sync. :)

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2013-08-11, 01:51

I needed to stick to *ahem* Opera *ahem* since Firefox is not available for some devices like Samsung Galaxy Y phones yet. And in the tablet it runs a crawl speed.