Pale Moon personas themes by vn9586

General discussion and chat (archived)
KNTRO

Pale Moon personas themes by vn9586

Unread post by KNTRO » 2013-07-09, 07:17

Folks,

I've just discovered 2 Pale Moon personas themes by AMO user vn9586. Both personas themes are utterly simple: Pale Moon X is a dark blue background theme with the PM logo anchored to the top right corner of the web browser's window. Pale Moon X1 is equally simple, but with a black background.

They're so simple that I was thinking any of these personas could easily become the "official" Pale Moon theme by default. What do you think about this?

Best regards,

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon personas themes by vn9586

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-07-09, 09:35

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... pale-moon/ has been the somewhat "official" theme for Pale Moon, and I've been pondering a while about making it a standard inclusion, but decided against it thus far. Maybe I'll make it default come v24, I don't know yet. it's something I need to ping the user base about before deciding on.
I wouldn't use a dark theme as default, though; simply put, most Windows users have a light setup on their desktop.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2013-07-09, 10:07

Moonchild wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... pale-moon/ has been the somewhat "official" theme for Pale Moon, and I've been pondering a while about making it a standard inclusion, but decided against it thus far. Maybe I'll make it default come v24, I don't know yet. it's something I need to ping the user base about before deciding on.
I wouldn't use a dark theme as default, though; simply put, most Windows users have a light setup on their desktop.
Hey, I do like your own theme! :clap: I didn't remember there's already an official Pale Moon persona! I even like the dark variant of it.

My personal opinion about making it a standard inclusion in v24 is: do it, only if you're sure that this default theme won't replace —through an updated, for instance— an already installed persona by the user. In other words, if this new theme is installed & enabled by default to new users only, then do it. Later, at the Pale Moon's default start page, you can add a link to the AMO's Personas themes to let users select and install their favorite personas.

You'd also create some kinda poll where you can ask whether future releases of Pale Moon should include a personas theme by default, or not.

Thanks for inserting the PM official theme's link. ;)

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2013-07-09, 18:59

I use a light colored persona. For someone with poor eyesight, like me, I think a light colored persona is easier to see (read) when it comes to text.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2013-07-10, 03:05

Night Wing wrote:I use a light colored persona. For someone with poor eyesight, like me, I think a light colored persona is easier to see (read) when it comes to text.
I totally agree with that, Night Wing. Actually, you're lucky because there's a lot of colorful personas themes for choose — Even more light colored personas than dark ones. ;)