Pale Moon is Great Working

General discussion and chat (archived)
rathodh61

Pale Moon is Great Working

Unread post by rathodh61 » 2013-07-01, 14:55

I don't understand why this browser is rated so low? It is faster than Firefox, all the addons work correctly, that do not always with Firefox. It is one of the best browser in the marketplace, period. I really happy to use it.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Pale Moon is Great Working

Unread post by Night Wing » 2013-07-01, 22:17

Pale Moon is not a mainstream (well known) browser in the marketplace like Firefox is. Over at Mozillazine, Pale Moon gets "panned to death" by a few of the regular power users that love Firefox and routinely leave disparaging remarks directed at Pale Moon (and me).

Pale Moon is basically "word of mouth". I found out about the Pale Moon browser watching a few videos on YouTube when I was researching web browsers. I think at the time, Pale Moon had just come out with version 4.0 when I made the decision to download and test it out.

At that time, Firefox was my default browser and Pale Moon became my backup browser. But, as time went on, some of the changes in Firefox were not to my liking. On this forum, I found Pale Moon wasn't copying the default moves Firefox was implementing when the newest version of Firefox came out.

Right around version 12.0 of Firefox, I made the switch and when Pale Moon v12.0 came along, Pale Moon became my default browser from then on relegating Firefox v12.0 and it's newer versions as my backup browser.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox