What my Pale Moon looks like

General discussion and chat (archived)
SvenG

Re: How my Pale Moon looks like

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-06-06, 09:03

Here is mine on the netbook.
PM.jpg
Similar approach. Usually, I have the Statusbar hidden and only activate it when needed, also using the Sidebar a lot. So I have many things quickly when I need them but also can remove the quickly for space. Here is how it looks with everything shown
PM2.jpg
Bit cluttered.... but works for me.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-06-06, 13:54

After looking at Dinosaur's screenshot of Pale Moon, I thought I would like to try out "his look" and followed his directions. Looks good to me. Thank you Dinosaur.

My mind does have one tiny glitch. I'm use to clicking on the Back button on the very far left which was under the word "File" on the Menu Bar. Now, by habit, my mouse automatically wants to click on the word File thinking it's the Back button. It shouldn't take too long for me to "break this habit". ;)

BTW, I'm running linux Pale Moon 24.5.0, 64-bit in linux Mint 16 (XFCE), 64-bit. The solid colored lightweight theme (persona) is named "Hydriel" which is easy on my eyes to see the black colored text. My lone add-on "NoSquint" is on the bottom far right on the Status Bar just above my Time and Date. NoSquint is set at 200% for my poor eyesight.

You'll have to click on the attachment to enlarge it and get a clearer picture.
Attachments
PMScreenshot1366.jpg
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

TELVM

Unread post by TELVM » 2014-06-06, 20:53

dinosaur wrote:It's dead-easy: just right click on any tool bar and choose "Customize...", then move (left-click, drag and drop) all the buttons and input fields from the Navigation toolbar to the menu bar (I also added a separator between the menu and the first navigation button, for better clarity). Once this is done, you can hide the (now empty) Navigation toolbar from the "View" menu.
Thanks a lot Dinosaur! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Night Wing wrote:... I'm use to clicking on the Back button on the very far left which was under the word "File" on the Menu Bar. Now, by habit, my mouse automatically wants to click on the word File thinking it's the Back button. It shouldn't take too long for me to "break this habit" ...
No need to break habit, the back/forward and refresh buttons can be placed to the left of the word "File". Click to expand:

This level of customizability is one of the things that sets Pale Moon apart in these sad days of "we know better than you/you will do it our way". :clap:

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-06-06, 21:40

TELVM wrote:
Night Wing wrote:... I'm use to clicking on the Back button on the very far left which was under the word "File" on the Menu Bar. Now, by habit, my mouse automatically wants to click on the word File thinking it's the Back button. It shouldn't take too long for me to "break this habit" ...
No need to break habit, the back/forward and refresh buttons can be placed to the left of the word "File". This level of customizability is one of the things that sets Pale Moon apart in these sad days of "we know better than you/you will do it our way". :clap:
I found out today some "habits" are hard to break. So I took your advice and decided to "keep my old habit" by placing the Back button on the far left where it's been for many years. ;) Of course, you'll have to click on the attachment to enlarge it and get a clearer picture.
Attachments
PMLScreenshot1366.jpg
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-06-07, 11:57

You could even go further
pm.jpg
and remove those controls completely, you can use BACKSPACE and SHIFT+BACKSPACE instead, gives a really nice and clean navi bar, the bookmark toolbar is replaced with the Classic Bookmark Button (it gives direct access to the unsorted bookmarks), unused icons (RSS, go, search-go) were remove using CSS.

Maybe I am going to keep it that way. Can get used to it pretty fast.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-06-07, 14:12

@SvenG

Or I could really go minimalistic and uncheck the Personal Bookmarks Toolbar leaving just the Menu Bar like in the attachment below. But,I won't do that since I'm not a heavy tab user and and I'm not into the minimalistic look in browsers. With only the Menu Bar, it would give my Pale Moon the look of........anorexia. :shock: ;) :lol:

You'll have to click on the attachment to enlarge it and get a clearer picuture.
Attachments
Screenshot1366.jpg

Evil Moo

Unread post by Evil Moo » 2014-06-07, 15:10

That's not far from my layout. Nice and compact. :D
PM.png
I got used to this layout after being stuck on a laptop while at university, where every pixel of vertical space is important. Also, I do indeed have the bookmarks sidebar open most of the time for quick access to my usual sites (though obviously with the bookmarks menu expanded to show my badly organised file hierarchy of bookmarks), which is far less disruptive than an extra bar under the navigation controls as sites tend to be designed in a way that makes horizontal space far less valuable than vertical (and it even makes some sites better, by centring content on my screen that is too far left and shortening longer lines of text that might become difficult to follow if they stretch most of the way across my larger 1920x1200 monitor). Also the separated refresh and stop button makes stopping things far less risky if I don't get there quick enough and end up hitting the refresh button by accident. The dark theme (FT DeepDark) is easier on my eyes than the bright default theme and plain enough not to be distracting unlike many themes that insist on having detailed images in them, though it doesn't help when most of the web is bright anyway... :?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-06-07, 15:41

Evil Moo wrote:I got used to this layout after being stuck on a laptop while at university, where every pixel of vertical space is important.
Vertical space isn't something I have to deal with because with both of my desktop tower computers, I use them with a 22" widescreen monitor.

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-06-07, 23:00

This is Pale Moon on my "work computer"
PMWIN.jpg
Looks besides style pretty similar to the one on the netbook, this is on Win7 and using GlassMyMoon... uhm... Fox. Addons are besides one or two identical and I also try to have the controls in the same or at least a similar position. Making it easier to switch between the desktop PCs and the netbook. The PC is just a bit more focused on mouse usage while the netbook is optimized to keyboard and touchpad. As for the netbook, side- and statusbar are usually hidden, just popped them out for a screeny.

Both setups are almost identical to what I had in Firefox earlier (up to version 26), so feels like home :)

buggy

Unread post by buggy » 2014-06-14, 01:16

Mine
Attachments
Palemoon.jpg

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-06-17, 08:20

Soccer World Cup 2014.04 "Truyts Tahr" style:
4-0.jpg
I call this one 4:0 :)

The look is a mixture of GTK-Style, Icon-Set and Firefox Persona.

V Tora Bisu V

Unread post by V Tora Bisu V » 2014-07-26, 18:06

Mine is a left to right format :)

Close, Min & max are on left (Done with: Leftsider 1.0.2)
Bookmark button in url is on left ( done with: LeftSideStar)
pale moon button on right (done with: moveable firefox button)

:D
Attachments
My Pale Moon :)
My Pale Moon :)

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2014-07-27, 00:28

Hi,
I switched to Pale Moon around FF25/26 (because of earlier changes and issues than Australis) and I was using the nice official Pale Moon Theme until I found it somewhat too bright. I didn't like the dark version so much, so I made some of my own (only local).
I'm using the Searchbar Autosizer addon and cut the urlbar size in userChrome.css to 900 pixels.
If anyone could help me how to remove the No Downloads text next to the download arrow, that would be great, so I could move the arrow back to the upper bar again.
greets, loxo
Attachments
pale-snap10003-80.jpg

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-07-27, 02:12

There are two download arrows ; the one by default and the one of status-4-evar. This is that second that you have in your status bar. You should find the first in the "customize" menu.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2014-07-27, 04:12

Supernova wrote:There are two download arrows ; the one by default and the one of status-4-evar. This is that second that you have in your status bar. You should find the first in the "customize" menu.
Cool, I never noticed Pale Moon has it's own S-4-E options since the original addon was disabled or couldn't install. thx very much, Supernova. Now everythings in place. :D

V Tora Bisu V

Unread post by V Tora Bisu V » 2014-07-27, 16:31

loxodont wrote:Hi,
I switched to Pale Moon around FF25/26 (because of earlier changes and issues than Australis) and I was using the nice official Pale Moon Theme until I found it somewhat too bright. I didn't like the dark version so much, so I made some of my own (only local).
I'm using the Searchbar Autosizer addon and cut the urlbar size in userChrome.css to 900 pixels.
If anyone could help me how to remove the No Downloads text next to the download arrow, that would be great, so I could move the arrow back to the upper bar again.
greets, loxo
Nice theme! I'm using the default theme (as posted above your post). Also, do you mean the text "No downloads" underneath the button when you press it?

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2014-07-27, 21:53

V Tora Bisu V wrote:
Nice theme! I'm using the default theme (as posted above your post). Also, do you mean the text "No downloads" underneath the button when you press it?
Hi V Tora Bisu V,
thx, and yes, I meant the text "No downloads" right aside the download arrow icon, which automatically displays "1 active download" while downloading- without pressing on anything. I guess it turned up after an update, but thx to Supernova I could disable it in Pale Moon's status bar options.

Still twiddling around with the theme, new version looks like this :)
greets
Attachments
pale-snap10032-80.jpg

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-07-27, 22:44

Screenshot
Screenshot
For anyone wanting the Pale Moon throbber I made for my own use..
throbber static
throbber static
pm-single.gif (1.19 KiB) Viewed 3488 times
throbber animated
throbber animated
pm-anim.gif (27.64 KiB) Viewed 3488 times

Code: Select all

#navigator-throbber {
  list-style-image: url("relative/path/from/profile/userchromecss/pm-single.gif") !important;
  margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px !important
}

#navigator-throbber[busy="true"] {
  list-style-image: url("relative/path/from/profile/userchromecss/pm-anim.gif") !important;
  opacity: 1.0 !important;
}

mikeysc

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-07-27, 23:51

In that same spirit, I'll also throw out my background for S4E Progress indicator in URL Bar. Once you d/l the image, everything else you need is built in S4E. You can colorize it (shading) with the color option there also. This is way more obvious than a throbber, so that will please some and terrorize others. :lol:
Attachments
background for S4E progress
background for S4E progress
progress-hatch.png (101 Bytes) Viewed 3471 times

Gyphon49

Unread post by Gyphon49 » 2014-08-01, 12:56

This is how my PM looks. I like to have everything almost default. :)
Attachments
PM.jpg