What my Pale Moon looks like

General discussion and chat (archived)
Tharn

Re: What my Pale Moon looks like

Unread post by Tharn » 2015-05-27, 16:53

As much as I hate the Internet Explorer layout, that Palemoon button is pretty fancy. I saw it before somewhere. How'd you get it?

_Poke_

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2015-05-27, 17:02

Tharn wrote:As much as I hate the Internet Explorer layout, that Palemoon button is pretty fancy. I saw it before somewhere. How'd you get it?
With some very messy custom css - I apply it with the stylish extension, but it also works with the userchrome.css file.
These two get rid of the label + dropmarker:

Code: Select all

#appmenu-button dropmarker {
    display:none;
}

#appmenu-button .button-text {
    display: none !important;
}
These change the shape of it, removing borders and filling up the space:

Code: Select all

#appmenu-container {
    margin:0 !important;
    margin-right:-2px !important;
    margin-left:-2px !important;
    padding:0 !important;
}

#appmenu-button{
    min-width:32px !important;
    max-width:32px !important;
    border-style: none solid none none !important;
    border-radius:0px !important;
    margin:0px !important;
}
I also have the movable firefox button extension, which I think was just so I could position it how I liked. It also changes the styling though, so if you don't use that you'll need some different css.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ox-button/

I originally made that theme for my laptop, since the tiny screen size made every pixel count (well maybe not quite, but I saw it as a challenge ;). The theme grew on me so I used it on the desktop too.)

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2015-07-04, 13:35

Here is my 25.5.0 PM4L adjusted for use with killhellokitty's Dorian Theme 3.12 (Using that on Unity and Openbox)
PM25.5.0.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-07-04, 14:01

@SvenG,

That is one of the nicest dark themes I've ever seen. Even with my poor eyesight, which is why I prefer light themes, I can read your dark Pale Moon very easily.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-07-04, 14:36

This is my new "Turquoise World" lightweight persona theme for 64 bit linux Pale Moon running in 64 bit linux Mint 17 (Qiana).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2015-07-04, 15:47

Night Wing wrote:That is one of the nicest dark themes I've ever seen. Even with my poor eyesight, which is why I prefer light themes, I can read your dark Pale Moon very easily.
I have the opposite problem, bright themes hurt my eyes when I have to look at them longer and longer is usual in my case (work + hobby). I have almost everything on my desktop in dark(-ish), usually very dark gray with light gray (instead of black and white) and usually one color (in this case blueish colors) to not look too depressing. So I use this Dorian GTK/Openbox theme for the apps, for the forum it is https://userstyles.org/styles/95077/php ... lue-simple and I have similar styles for other sites.

superA

Unread post by superA » 2015-07-04, 18:26

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-07-04, 18:31

472c280b-50af-4be6-8199-dbb34a00580e.jpg

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-07-04, 18:55

@Matt A Tobin,

Your Pale Moon reminds me of my backup browser, linux SeaMonkey with the modern theme.

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2015-07-04, 23:35

Night Wing wrote:@Matt A Tobin,

Your Pale Moon reminds me of my backup browser, linux SeaMonkey with the modern theme.
Indeed it does. This is my PM setup, I like to follow a Firefox 3 inspired UI. Kempelton for me.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-07-05, 00:02

@Night Wing; 11ryanc
Tobin is using Past Modern Revisited. Feel free to give it a try. ;)

Here's my current setup. I like to keep things clean, so White Moon is my current theme.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-07-05, 00:10

Lootyhoof wrote:@Night Wing; 11ryanc
Thanks for the link.

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2015-07-05, 05:51

Lootyhoof wrote:@Night Wing; 11ryanc

Here's my current setup. I like to keep things clean, so White Moon is my current theme.
Yeah, I've seen that before in the gallery. I check often. Not my cup of tea, but still a neat theme to see updated.
Your setup is nice btw. Looks very continuous with Windows 8.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-07-05, 06:47

SvenG wrote:I have the opposite problem, bright themes hurt my eyes when I have to look at them longer and longer is usual in my case (work + hobby). I have almost everything on my desktop in dark(-ish), usually very dark gray with light gray (instead of black and white) and usually one color (in this case blueish colors) to not look too depressing. So I use this Dorian GTK/Openbox theme for the apps, for the forum it is https://userstyles.org/styles/95077/php ... lue-simple and I have similar styles for other sites.
Same here, bright themes give me a headache after a while. I use killhellokitty's Delorean-Dark system theme (but have used Dorian in the past).

Anyway, here is my current Pale Moon setup using Ryan's Moonified FT DeepDark theme with the Hide Caption Titlebar Plus and Blue Moon Linux add-ons (and also using the above mentioned user style for the forum):

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2015-07-05, 13:03

Matt A Tobin wrote:
472c280b-50af-4be6-8199-dbb34a00580e.jpg
Looks like, er.... "Pale - Scape" (lol). there's a name for it :P
Wasn't this introduced in version 6 of that forgotten classic browser?
:)

Chell

Unread post by Chell » 2015-07-12, 22:42

Minimal as possible with compatibility for Palemoon and Treestyletabs as shown. Just need to finish some menu's that have some strange dom identifiers which makes it hard to work with and then add support for regular top tabs. Inspired by Twilys CSS.

Aragu

Unread post by Aragu » 2015-07-15, 00:46

qQGYQms.jpg

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-07-25, 22:21

I've never taken a screenshot of my Pale Moon browser using 32 bit Windows Pale Moon running in 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium because I'm always using 64 bit linux Pale Moon in 64 bit linux Mint. Well, below is my Windows Pale Moon. As you can tell, I'm still using the lightweight Turquoise World colored persona.

With Windows Pale Moon, I have 30 folders showing (out of 31) of bookmarks in my Bookmarks Toolbar. You'll have to click on the attachment to get a larger and clearer picture.

hundone

Unread post by hundone » 2015-07-26, 01:51

I use Pentadactyl, hence the minimal UI. :)

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2015-08-02, 16:37

pm2560-snap-65p-80.jpg
Just a little update