What my Pale Moon looks like

General discussion and chat (archived)
mikeysc

Re: How my Pale Moon looks like

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-08-02, 21:31

Here's a couple more, bit more subtle than the hatch pattern.
One for address bar and one for status bar indicator.
There's just a slight hint of color possible to show in the one for the status bar.
I think the lighter colors give the best look.
Attachments
address bar fill
address bar fill
progress-bg9.png (104 Bytes) Viewed 4019 times
status bar fill
status bar fill
progressstatus-bg2.png (124 Bytes) Viewed 4019 times

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-08-18, 18:24

palemoon.png
This is what I'm rolling with at the moment; I like it at least. Bookmarks hidden for obvious reasons. ;)

Gotta love CSS.

Roranicus

Unread post by Roranicus » 2014-08-23, 15:19

My Netscape look with tons of addons. As you can see I'm not too fond of modern looks. I also enjoy a certain complexity in my interface. Screw minimalism! :P The black bar is hiding my bookmarks for privacy reasons.
Attachments
my_palemoon.png

JodyThornton

Is it Pale Moon, or IE 9?

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2014-08-27, 13:46

One of the things Pale Moon allows is the continued use of the FoxE9 plug in. And I admit that I like the layout of modern-day Internet Explorer. So here is my Pale Moon running on Vista x64 Ultimate.
Attachments
Pale Moon.jpg

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2014-08-27, 13:51

Thought, you know, I better prove it is Pale Moon...lol, so let me do that.
(Also I noticed that I exposed myself for using AdBlock Plus...lol (sorry Moonchild, but I do get the ads at work...lol)
Attachments
Pale Menu.jpg

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-08-27, 14:09

Here's my Pale Moon browser, when I'm on the road...
Screenshot_2014-08-27-10-06-52.png

Parsifal

Unread post by Parsifal » 2014-08-27, 14:22

This is my home page on Pale Moon browser. It's also my New Tab Page. Done with Super Start add-on. I find it nice even if not truly useful. And also replaces default about:newtab which i've always disliked with something more evocative than about:blank, desperately blank ...
Looks pretty much the same as that of a user no longer seen here on the forums since he had lost his login credentials as to what I know. Hum.
Greenshot - 2014-08-27-16_15_27.jpg

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2014-08-27, 17:29

Cool! Just hate when things get lost on me.

I was reading the testimonials and I was going to post a comment but it was locked, so I'll share it with you. I read this testimonial:

Name: Dann Webb
Pale Moon version: 24.6.2
Testimonial:

How lucky I feel that I found this browser, and how grateful I am to the developers for keeping it going. It's just what Firefox used to be before they screwed it up. Thank you!

He should have entitled his letter "Australia Against Australis" :) (I know .... "groan"...lol)

Astaroth

Unread post by Astaroth » 2014-08-28, 23:05

Got to say most of the styles I saw look somehow bloated to me. But I guess that's the beauty of Pale Moon as it is one of the last ( if not the last one ) browsers you can customize how you want, be it for random browsing or for some serious work. Here's how my Pale Moon looks like.
Attachments
astaroth_palemoon.png

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-08-29, 14:40

Here's my setup. Theming is Kempelton Reloaded http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4513 All elements inspired by Firefox 3.0x
Attachments
Upload.JPG

rainlights

Unread post by rainlights » 2014-09-12, 07:01

I used to be a long-term user of Opera due to its former customizability. After they abandoned practically everything that made them great in the first place, I started to look for alternatives and finally came across Pale Moon. Working a lot with text on the internet (I'm a translator), it was important to me to have a highly customizable array of searches easily accessible on every page.
Unbenannt.JPG
So what you see in the screenshot is a combination of the Pale Moon status bar (thanks for retaining this!) with several add-ons: Add to Search Bar, Quick Search Bar and FindBar Tweak. The individual search boxes lead to google, dict.cc, Duden dictionary, canoonet, German wikipedia, English wikipedia and (hideable) find in page search. It was the closest I ever came to recreating my old work environment which I had been using for several years. And actually I like it a lot better by now.

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-09-14, 05:52

rainlights wrote:I used to be a long-term user of Opera due to its former customizability. After they abandoned practically everything that made them great in the first place, I started to look for alternatives and finally came across Pale Moon. Working a lot with text on the internet (I'm a translator), it was important to me to have a highly customizable array of searches easily accessible on every page.
Unbenannt.JPG
So what you see in the screenshot is a combination of the Pale Moon status bar (thanks for retaining this!) with several add-ons: Add to Search Bar, Quick Search Bar and FindBar Tweak. The individual search boxes lead to google, dict.cc, Duden dictionary, canoonet, German wikipedia, English wikipedia and (hideable) find in page search. It was the closest I ever came to recreating my old work environment which I had been using for several years. And actually I like it a lot better by now.
Prior to version 12, I'll agree that Opera was pretty nice. I find nothing appealing what to ever about that browser anymore, it's a real shame. Same with Mozilla Firefox, went down hill by v. 4. Well poor defaults, but still a configurable shell. Until Australis that is...

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-09-16, 11:16

@MGA74

Below is my first screenshot showing linux Pale Moon 24.7.2 running in linux Mint 17 (Qiana) in the XFCE desktop environment. You can see the name Pale Moon in the Title Bar. Also, to the left of the Time & Date on the Panel taskbar, you can see the Pale Moon launcher icon which I made using gui windows.

Keep in mind, linux Pale Moon is NOT installed in my Mint 17. BTW, you'll have to click on the attachment to make the sceenshot larger and also clearer to see.
Attachments
PMSS1366.jpg
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-09-16, 11:26

@MGA74

Below is my second screenshot showing my Desktop. On the Desktop, to the far left in a vertical line of icons, you can see my desktop Pale Moon launcher icon. On the far right, again in a vertical line, you can see green colored folders and at the top of the vetrical line of folders is the "palemoon" folder which contains the executable file for linux Pale Moon. This folder was extracted from the linux Pale Moon tarball.

Again, linux Pale Moon is NOT installed in my Mint 17 and I never used the Terminal for what you're seeing in both screenshots. Again, you'll have to click on the attachment to get a larger and clearer picture to see.
Attachments
PMDT1366.jpg
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-09-16, 15:32

Night Wing wrote:@MGA74

Below is my second screenshot showing my Desktop. On the Desktop, to the far left in a vertical line of icons, you can see my desktop Pale Moon launcher icon. On the far right, again in a vertical line, you can see green colored folders and at the top of the vetrical line of folders is the "palemoon" folder which contains the executable file for linux Pale Moon. This folder was extracted from the linux Pale Moon tarball.

Again, linux Pale Moon is NOT installed in my Mint 17 and I never used the Terminal for what you're seeing in both screenshots. Again, you'll have to click on the attachment to get a larger and clearer picture to see.
Nice. I love Mint myself. MATE is my favorite desktop shell for it. Although XFCE can be built up pretty well with having great support for Compiz and even Kwin. Hate Unity with a passion though..

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-16, 21:00

mmm classic and classy!
pmcurrent.png

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-09-16, 22:19

Matt A Tobin wrote:mmm classic and classy!
pmcurrent.png
Looking good :thumbup:
But you forgot to install the extra userstyles to fix a few identity box and tab bar bugs: https://userstyles.org/styles/101734/fi ... ab-styling https://userstyles.org/styles/101735/fi ... ox-styling

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-09-21, 20:58

This is what my current setup (on Windows) looks like. Nothing too fancy, but I'm happy with it!
Pale Moon 24.7.2.png

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-14, 03:32

A more traditional setup to be sure.. but still looks p. cool (including Binary Outcast and Moonchild Productions standard times!
palemoon25.png

Pnume

Unread post by Pnume » 2014-10-14, 23:35

Here be mine:
sshot-2.png
It may look lean on the surface, but I have tons of add-ons installed which add much functionality to the browser. Also, I have 100+ bookmarks on the bookmark bar (which automatically appears when the mouse cursor hovers over the address bar).